No announcement yet.

Whyte Ave/Old Strathcona Retail Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chapter's on 105th street is officially closed.

No Chapter's sign, instead a big banner saying "Winner's is Coming Soon" above the entrance.

All of the windows are covered with blue tarp.

Comment

• Ripe Tomato Pizza still isn't open yet. WTF is taking so friggin' long?
      There is a prime space available west of Hudson's. I think that was Plush and some yoga loft.
      And there's a small space left at Raymond Block, between Five Guys and Blaze Pizza/
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• It’s crazy that ripe tomato isn’t open yet. I walked by months ago and it looked like they were putting the finishing touches on the interior, and could open any day. I want to try their pizza, as I’m fed up with Famoso after they were sold and the quality has gone down, with the prices going up.
        They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• I passed Ripe Tomato this morning and the fire marshal was in there taking measurements and writing stuff down. Could be one of the final things needed before opening? They certainly look ready to go.
          They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• Design concept to revamp Old Strathcona alleyways shared with stakeholders
            https://globalnews.ca/news/6207994/d...ona-alleyways/

An old part of Edmonton near Whyte Avenue will be getting a new look in its alleyways.

The back alley is located between Whyte and 83 Avenue and adjacent to Calgary Trail. It’s expected to get a complete overhaul by next spring, bringing storefronts, pedestrians and life to the area.
            This week, the city revealed an initial design concept to local business owners and stakeholders of what it will look like. The revamp will include upgraded surface paving and lighting. The community may try to raise money to add other enhancements like seating and a change in garbage access.
            According to stakeholders, the city plans to finalize its plans and funding by the New Year and begin construction by the beginning of spring 2020.
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• I like the concept for the alley. Pretty cool.

Comment

• Excellent idea. Would like to see a lot more of this in that area. Hopefully, the smell of urine from the night's previous late activities won't be enough to deter them from proceeding.

Comment

• The Spotlight Cabaret opens a new chapter in YEG live entertainment

https://www.hicksbiz.com/Home/tabid/...2/Default.aspx

Comment

• ^i have heard good things from friends. Good food, good entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                      The Spotlight Cabaret opens a new chapter in YEG live entertainment

https://www.hicksbiz.com/Home/tabid/...2/Default.aspx
                      Went there for a couple cocktails this summer on the 3rd floor patio, and still, one of the best public patios in the city.

Comment

• New Pub in Strathcona hotel
                        https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-hotel-in-2020

Comment

• Honalee New Age Smoke Shop is open now in 10151 82 ave, and signage and a mural is up for Tweed at the former CIBC at 10431 82 ave.

Comment

• The Circle K on the corner of Whyte and 102st has a “for lease” sign with “leased” over it. The description on the sign is for the corner unit, which is Circle K. I assume that means the location is closing and something else is moving in?

Comment

• The forever empty lot between Warp 1 and the CIBC (99st.and Whyte) finally has a "Sold" banner written atop the For Lease sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X