No announcement yet.

Whyte Ave/Old Strathcona Retail Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's actually amazing news for the block, as far as having and expanding a diversity of commercial.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
      I guess that is a step above a Dollarama.
      I believe there are many steps between Dollarama and Winners. Can't please everyone. As usual.
      He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Comment

• If it is on par with the brewery district Winners I would say it is a horizontal move, rather than a negative thing for Whyte.

Comment

• Originally posted by canuckyeg View Post
          Confirmed Winners is taking the Chapters space.
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• That Chapters is probably closing cause of the amount of theft. I know for a fact the street kids in Old Strathcona steal hundreds of thousands of dollars of merchandise from that store annually, mostly cause of the layout. Winners will have the same problems without some major structural changes. Seems like a strange choice for Whyte Ave retail. I would really like to see Chapter’s open somewhere else on Whyte in one of the new developments proposed for the neighbourhood.
            Last edited by etownboarder; 18-07-2019, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• I thought Winners was a strange choice as well, especially since there are Winners stores fairly close by (driving, not walking). Chapters has been on Whyte for 20 years, and losing it is a big loss for the community, and the ave.

Yeah, if I were a leasing agent for one of the new builds going in on Whyte I’d be calling them up for sure.
              They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

• Indigo has been closing a lot of chapters stores, the ones they wanted were rebranded to indigo

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeG View Post
                  Indigo has been closing a lot of chapters stores, the ones they wanted were rebranded to indigo
                  uh, that was the case in 2005ish maybe. I don’t think that’s still their approach to consolidating their businesses today.

Comment

• Swan song for Lillo's Music, one of Edmonton's oldest independent music stores

Mom-and-pop shop prepares to shut its doors after a half-century in business

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• I am going to miss this guy....

Comment

• Originally posted by etownboarder View Post
                        Originally posted by SpongeG View Post
                        Indigo has been closing a lot of chapters stores, the ones they wanted were rebranded to indigo
                        uh, that was the case in 2005ish maybe. I don’t think that’s still their approach to consolidating their businesses today.
                        Well in Vancouver they rebranded all of them except for the Coquitlam one. The Langley one was renovated and is now the nicest one until the robson store opened in the Lower Mainland. As they get renovated they are being called indigo. There was one planned for The Amazing Brentwood but they have not been listed yet as a tenant, so perhaps their recent troubles have put a halt on their plans.

Comment

• 2 separate stories

Whyte Avenue shop owner to close her ‘baby’ after 32 years

Century-old Whyte Avenue building tapped as provincial historic resource

Comment

• Anyone know what will happen to the Packrat Louie space? Bottega 104 came and went, is all I know.

Comment

• ^^the ebb and flow continues.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
                                Anyone know what will happen to the Packrat Louie space? Bottega 104 came and went, is all I know.
                                When I walked by yesterday they had started putting up "Lyon" signage, which I understand to mean Lyon Kitchen and Bar, who seem to be advertising for staff online.

Comment

Working...
                                X