103 Avenue Streetscape Project - 100-101st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
    The only thing that needs 'visioning' is what to do with the impark lot on 101 St. and 103A Ave. I don't think we should be beautifying streets that have surface parking lots, as it is exactly what the jerks that own those parking lots want. Those surface parking lot owners made life for Edmontonians miserable for a very long time, it's about time we turned the tables around and made their lives miserable.

Nah, the most Edmonton thing you can do is buy them out (at or above market rates) and turn them in to a new park space
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
      I stopped by after work but left after just a couple of minutes. There were no designs at all, not even conceptual.
      Admin, I suggest that we close this thread and move all posts to the "Civic Incompetence" thread.
      Of course there's no concepts. This is the meeting where people are supposed to throw every possible idea at the wall. The, after months of work, a second round of meetings would be held to show off the concepts using all those ideas. A later third round would show off two or three concepts that are a result of the reaction to the second meeting.

Finally, a fourth meeting to show off the final concept, which will later be changed so it really doesn't match the final design and to add all sorts of gee-gaws and one of a kind light standards.

Comment

I love how they are trying to reinvent the wheel. Continue what they did 1 block west, which would mean that sidewalk space will be a bit more. Otherwise why need some complicated, convoluted planning process. Which city administrator gets a bonus for number of useless planning studies and info sessions they can fit into a year?
        LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

I would like to see special 103rd-avenue-only light standards to complement the dozen other random styles we have downtown.

Comment

Tada

https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...pe-manual.aspx

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Interesting that the photo in that link shows the old style light standards on Jasper.

Comment

Originally posted by kkozoriz View Post
                Interesting that the photo in that link shows the old style light standards on Jasper.
                and bike stations everyone seems to hate.

Comment

Working...
                X