No announcement yet.

Best tower orientation - south side plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^That explanation makes no sense, but sure.
    www.decl.org

Comment

Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
      okay, i'll try again...

the argument against re-orienting the tower from the podium was that sometimes the execution of the required transfer beams is poorly done. my point is that that means the transfer beams should be implemented more appropriately, not that re-orienting the towers should never be done.

i was trying to compare the sometimes poor execution of transfer beams to the sometimes poor execution of exterior materials (i.e. stucco and punched windows). when that happens, we call for better material choices and execution, we don't say we shouldn't build the buildings at all.

hope that makes more sense.
      "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

For fun type

greatest office buildings

into Google search then click on images.

Comment

Originally posted by kcantor View Post
          Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
          okay, i'll try again...

the argument against re-orienting the tower from the podium was that sometimes the execution of the required transfer beams is poorly done. my point is that that means the transfer beams should be implemented more appropriately, not that re-orienting the towers should never be done.

i was trying to compare the sometimes poor execution of transfer beams to the sometimes poor execution of exterior materials (i.e. stucco and punched windows). when that happens, we call for better material choices and execution, we don't say we shouldn't build the buildings at all.

hope that makes more sense.
          Yes, that makes sense. And in no way suggesting buildings shouldn't get built. I think some were just pointing out the unintended consequences, or at least I was. I've seen it done both good and bad.

I think the size of columns, tower/podium places, size of beam or presence of transfer beams when comparing say Omega or Fox Towers to Ultima is a good example for discussion. But really only partially related to the original thread post.
          www.decl.org

Comment

Avoids commenting on Epcor's orientation/right for light.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
              Avoids commenting on Epcor's orientation/right for light.
              avoids responding to avoided comment...
              "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Working...
              X