• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnights

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Not much has changed as far as I can tell
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

• Final arrangements with Epcor are apparently now in place... so we should expect them being installed in the next month or so I am told.

Comment

• Did they fix the ridiculous maps that don't have north at the top?

Comment

• The decision was made multiple years ago now to orient them as you are looking, aka line of sight. This was the recommendation from the consultant who did Vancouver, London, Cleveland etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanO View Post
              The decision was made multiple years ago now to orient them as you are looking, aka line of sight. This was the recommendation from the consultant who did Vancouver, London, Cleveland etc.
              Kinda like throwing a Dvorak keyboard in front a population raised with QWERTY.

I didn’t like my vehicle NAV doing that as well. Got used to it.

Hate the morons who decided that when someone de-zooms (“zooms out”) all the non-route / secondary roads should disappear so you can’t use it as a map.
              Last edited by KC; 08-08-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• My NAV does that too, but I can just press a button and different mode appears (Normal north facing layout of a typical map). Can't really do that with a street sign, cause I doubt those will be electronic... but would be pretty cool if they were. You could click a destination and it would show how to get there from here.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• I wonder if Google Maps might include pedways in the near future.
                  "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• I like these (from Lincoln Ho): http://yegventures.ca/lrtmaps/
                    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

• I like them also with one possible provision. I'm stairs challenged so I focus on this. It would be good for some coding to indicate which exits are handicap accessible (escalator/elevator).

Comment

• You should see the permanent wayfinding signs being installed in the coming weeks.

Comment

• so that's about 7 years after this thread began. Seems about right. I'm sure lots of good lunches were had.
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• I wonder how many studies have been done in other cities that show that we're doing it all wrong?

Comment

Working...
                            X