No announcement yet.

Airport terminal ideas, wish list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Harvey's 2 Junior Burgers for $3 is the international traveller's boon.

Comment

Amenity wise i think the airport does pretty well for it's size. Would be interesting to see what they can fit in with some good renos to the north terminal at some point.

Comment

The domestic baggage collection area needs a major revamp and I hope it's the next big project on the books. Cramped, dark, outdated - would love to see this improved on.

Another thing I'd like to see is either a heated taxi stand, or a take-a-number system so you can wait inside. Reality is that in our climate, there are many days of the year where it's uncomfortably cold to wait outside for a taxi. Recently waited 30 min in -10, not the end of the world, but not the most pleasant experience either.

Post-security YEG is fantastic!

Comment

Post security non-US departures is pretty good, easy enough to get to gates without having to navigate various levels, food options are decent. The airport does a great job around busy times, helpful staff, xmas singers and even a dog for people to pet ( never seen it, but have read about it).
          Credit where credit is due.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
            Geez this topic gets posted like once a year already!

I'm with Glenco...I'll wait until the expansion is completed before I decide what's still lacking in terms of airport amenities. Although I think another eatery in the transborder departure area wouldn't hurt, even if it's another Timmys.
            So any thoughts now?

Comment

The World's Most Unusual Airport Amenities
              July 8, 2019

https://thepointsguy.com/news/the-wo...ort-amenities/

Best new airport amenities of 2018: Smart bathrooms, therapy alligators, more

“In our roundup of the best new airport amenities of 2017, we celebrated perks such the 24-hour “microcinema” at Portland International Airport, Pittsburgh International Airport’s introduction of “MyPITpass,” which allows the nonflying public to visit the secure side of the airport, and the opening of ROAM Fitness, an in-airport gym at Baltimore-Washington International Airport.

The 2018 honor roll is once again full of fresh new amenities and creative bonus activities introduced by airports, airlines and in-terminal vendors working hard to make airport dwell time less stressful, more enjoyable and, at times, surprising.

Go with a glow

Airport restroom lines get long when users can’t tell which stalls are empty. To solve that problem,...”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...18/2292573002/

Choose the best airport and airport amenities in North America

https://www.10best.com/interests/tra...north-america/
              Last edited by KC; 03-08-2019, 06:50 AM.

Comment

All these are great - but for me, it's all about accessible plug-ins to power up the iPad, cellphone, Christmas lights ... okay not lights.

Oh, and it should be required that every terminal in the world, big or small, should have to have a Belgian Beer vendor.
                ... gobsmacked

Comment

Working...
                X