Don Wheaton refacing!? ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darrellinyvr View Post
    While LED does the job well. It cannot replicate the sense of nostalgia that the glow of Don Wheaton's Neon creates along Whyte Avenue.
    Think Granville Street in Vancouver. They maintain their significant neon, and require new stores to do neon as well. It creates a character I am surprised Don Wheaton would be giving up, although I can sympathize with concerns about energy usage.
    www.decl.org

Comment

Was any on the reno paid directly for or thru the Canada Action Plan funding or the federal corp "bail out" funds ?
      Still waiting for the Arlington site to be reborn .......

Comment

Y u k !

This is the ugliest piece of poop I have ever seen !...who designed this crap!?....well we can stack this design next to the acricom whatever it's now called and the new epcor as examples of a diminished imagination and a flavorless white bread landscape. This belongs out in the industrial area ...WAY out in the industrial area.I guess when I said kiss the old facade goodbye I wasn't really ready for this ...

Comment

I LOVE the new epcore tower thank you very much...

I travel past it every day and LOVE LOVE LOVE it
          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
            I LOVE the new epcore tower thank you very much...

I travel past it every day and LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Ummmm. I think it's the wrong page....... Also the spelling is "Epcor"

Comment

I think EDP was referring to the comment above his.
              Edmontonian and proud of it!

Comment

Any new photos available?

Comment

Not sure if it's actually the Don Wheaton site or something nearby, but there is a pretty large development at very preliminary stages for that area of on or near Whyte. Multiple buildings and sites.

Comment

Working...
                  X