X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Wheaton refacing!? ....

Kiss this goodbye!

and ...

Apparently the big CHEV... DEMANDS an update on the building to something more modern and most likely ugly.
    Cant the Old Strathcona Society or the Historical building people do something about this vintage landmark?
    I cant IMAGINE the kind of refacing they are gonna put there....

Good lord no... Dont touch!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Thats a shame
      youtube.com/BrothersGrim
      facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

I agree....sell it and redevelop entirely or DO NOT TOUCH...twitter protest!!!

Comment

What, they still sell Oldsmobiles?
          “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

You're. Effing. Kidding. Me. Love that neon at night.
            I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

wish they got rid of the dealership altogether, it is an eyesore, and breaks the continuity of whyte ave, put in some more retail or mixed use retail/ low rise residential

Comment

What a terrible shame. The retro look contributes so much to the eclectic nature of Whyte Avenue that makes walking on the street so enjoyable.
                Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

time to make that Neon Museum happen

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                    I thought if a building didn't fit that city wide 1980's vibe you guys have going here, it was a guaranteed one-way trip to Fort Edmonton Park?

Comment

Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post
                      I agree....sell it and redevelop entirely or DO NOT TOUCH...twitter protest!!!

You had me until you said Twitter protest... Twitter is for attention junkies, 12 year olds on crack, and the self absorbed who think that everyone gives a darn about when they go to bed or take a bio break...

To convince a corporate behemoth like GM, real people with real names would have to do some good old fashioned real lobbying, complete with money, to make them give a darn about Edmonton. When someone that big says our brand is X, you darn right well know they MEAN IT.
                      President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

Look, I'm no fan of Twitter (it has its uses, certainly, which you gloss over), but the first step in inspiring that "good old fashioned real lobbying" is raising awareness. Twitter can be pretty good at that. But first we might need a little more to go on than just this sole non-sourced forum post...

As for me, I dig the neon but feel there are far too many auto dealerships on Whyte as it is...
                        “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

Originally posted by andy8244 View Post
                          Originally posted by Ander View Post
                          I thought if a building didn't fit that city wide 1980's vibe you guys have going here, it was a guaranteed one-way trip to Fort Edmonton Park?
                          yeah the Don Wheaton building should be moved to Fort Edmonton Park. Good call. Try adding something constructive once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesL View Post
                            Look, I'm no fan of Twitter (it has its uses, certainly, which you gloss over), but the first step in inspiring that "good old fashioned real lobbying" is raising awareness. Twitter can be pretty good at that. But first we might need a little more to go on than just this sole non-sourced forum post...

As for me, I dig the neon but feel there are far too many auto dealerships on Whyte as it is...
                            I agree that we need much more than a forum post...hence why I am not getting overly excited about this yet. Chevrolet has rebranded before...and this was not touched. This could be just a corproate hack showing up and being a pencil neck geek demanding adherance...or simply a rumor to test the waters and see if the old design works.

I didn't gloss over the town crier use of Twits on parade...but too much is made of this small tool (and it is only a small tool in a total communication aresnal)...but somehow total and violent social change happened in the days of the telegraph and the real town crier too!
                            President and CEO - Airshow.

Comment

All that neon better not go. It belongs on Whyte. A generic car dealership does not.
                              "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                              X