No announcement yet.

That architecture is so ugly...Edmonton's list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edmonton is the capital city of the province of Alberta which contains lots of mountains and a considerable contiguous amount of the famous Rocky Mountain chain.

We also have one of the most famous highways, the Yellowhead, that runs through Edmonton and thru Jasper as a nod to a chief historic route and pass through the rockies. Of which edmontons history plays an important part. We have the Via rail "Canadian" that runs through here utilizing the same route through Jasper.

so there

its in how one wants to define the geography or importance or relevance.
    Last edited by Replacement; 10-06-2017, 12:13 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

I agree with what you've written, except maybe for the "capital city" rationale. There are polar bears in Churchill Manitoba, but they would look pretty bizarre on the Winnipeg coat of arms.

Agree about the Yellowhead, Via etc, all of which relate to the issue of proximity and its accompanying influence, I think.

Comment

We were driving by the bat on 118 Ave today. I decided to park and take the kids (9 and 6 years old) out to see it. It does indeed move. They had a blast pushing it. It is quite heavy but I helped them get it going. It rotates all the way around the pole. The kids thought it was awesome and want to make that a regular stop.

Comment

^Now just imagine how many more kids could enjoy that if it was moved to an actual park like Rundle or Borden. It's on a traffic circle where you had to stop for your kids to check it out. How sad is that.
          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Years ago the bat it was bought and paid for by the 118 av business association, it was not a city initiative. The city had nothing to do with the baseball bat other than installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
              Years ago the bat it was bought and paid for by the 118 av business association, it was not a city initiative. The city had nothing to do with the baseball bat other than installing it.
              This I did not know! But with this in mind it would be much easier to move (less red tape) and there are many area parks in the 118 Ave area that could benefit from it!
              youtube.com/BrothersGrim
              facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Working...
              X