International architects speaking in Edmonton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International architects speaking in Edmonton

In case you haven't already heard about the Museum Builders lecture series, the next speaker is coming to the Royal Alberta Museum on Wed., Nov. 29th at 7 p.m. The series, presented by EDC, AGA, and MADE (hmm, that's a bunch of acronyms!), already brought in Raymond Moriyama, who designed the War Museum in Ottawa.

Don't miss the next speaker: Antoine Predock from New Mexico, who is designing the new Human Rights Museum in Winnipeg. Make sure to buy tickets ahead of time at the AGA ($10 for general public, $5 for members of AGA or MADE).

I'll post some images online as soon as I can. For now, for more information, see:
    www.madeinedmonton.org
    www.predock.com
    Jane Jacobs is my hero and we need more ARTSHAB!

It would be interesting to know how these architects would do the RAM for $200 million.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey
      It would be interesting to know how these architects would do the RAM for $200 million.
      There were international and other national firms who bid on the design of the RAM. In the end, they desiced to choose a local firm. They basically were not interested in non-local.
      Thus the task is not so much to see what no-one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought that which everyone sees. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Re: International architects speaking in Edmonton

Originally posted by xarina
        In case you haven't already heard about the Museum Builders lecture series, the next speaker is coming to the Royal Alberta Museum on Wed., Nov. 29th at 7 p.m. The series, presented by EDC, AGA, and MADE (hmm, that's a bunch of acronyms!), already brought in Raymond Moriyama, who designed the War Museum in Ottawa.

Don't miss the next speaker: Antoine Predock from New Mexico, who is designing the new Human Rights Museum in Winnipeg. Make sure to buy tickets ahead of time at the AGA ($10 for general public, $5 for members of AGA or MADE).

I'll post some images online as soon as I can. For now, for more information, see:
        www.madeinedmonton.org
        www.predock.com

I saw Raymond Moriyama at the last lecture that AGA & MADE put on. It was amazing. I love the fact that MADE is here.

Other lectures i've been too in Edmonton put on by MADE:
        - Karim Rashid
        - James Cutler
        - Raymond Moriyama
        - Lawrence Scarpa
        - Stephen Teeple
        - Johnson Chu
        - Jeremy Sturgess
        - Fredrick Swartz
        - Douglas Ball
        - Plastic Buddha

And I gaurantee you the list will grow.
        Thus the task is not so much to see what no-one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought that which everyone sees. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
        X