No announcement yet.

Lose the parking, gain the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^You would think 23% of all of Edmonton is a decent market to target.

Comment

That's 77% making trips EXCLUSIVELY by car. That doesn't mean the remaining 23% would go completely carless.
      LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Comment

Yeah, it's really unfortunate I couldn't find actual car ownership. If anyone else could that would be awesome.

I'd say it is still a good potential market though. Perhaps they have a car now, but I'd think they would be more likely to give up a car if they own one, than the rest of the people that drive exclusively.
        It's all about EDMFlavor

Comment

Car ownership is becoming more and more a personal choice rather than a requirement... and i think we will see this increase in coming years. Yes many will scoff at the idea of being car-less but for a significant portion of society, say 10-25%, cars are likely not needed or not justified. I have one, do i need it... nope. Do i cope without driving, absolutely and have made a commitment to not having to drive to work ever again. Do i need a car for work, sometimes, but my work provides me with a common vehicle that we all share. I know my workplace is somewhat unique perhaps, but we did a survey this past spring and ~50+% of people here walk/ride/bus to work.

I think we seriously need to review how we design our cities and what we write into bylaws or requirements for said cities.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Parking Has Eaten American Cities
            https://www.citylab.com/transportati...cities/565715/

You may enjoy this article
            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Working...
            X