Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YEG Passenger Numbers for 2008 (aka aggravate grish sticky)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEG Passenger Numbers for 2008 (aka aggravate grish sticky)

I know this topic started appearing in other threads, but I thought we should dedicate a thread to it, and watch the numbers as the year progresses. I hope those who posted in the other thread will post their estimates here again.

2007 saw about 6.1 million passengers through YEG, and my guess is for about a 12% increase overall, so: 6,800,000.
    Almost always open to debate...

7.15 M based on those future routes that have yet to be announced.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

although i think it will be closer to 6.8 i do love the look of

my guess

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Though I'd like to see almost 7M pax by the end of the year, I just don't think it'll happen. For the numbers to increase again by 900,000+ pax, there would need to be a BIG increase in frequencies and some additional routes. Thus far, this is definitely not the case. I think I'm being optimistic (and a realist) when I say we'll be lucky to make it to 6.65M. I'll happily retract that statement if we easily eclipse that.
        Slow to 160, contact tower. Slow to 160, contact tower. Slow to...ZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Comment

i think I have guessed 7 million before. With the new Mexicana thing I guess 7,000,001

Comment

10% growth would put us at 6.7+ million - I think that's ambitious enough given the scarcity of gate positions at the favoured times.
            ... gobsmacked

Comment

Originally posted by grish
              i think I have guessed 7 million before. With the new Mexicana thing I guess 7,000,001
              I too am going to exploit that old "Price Is Right" bid strategy and say 7,000,002.
              “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

I'll go for 6,450,000....there are not that many new flights and it would be nice to see controlled growth until the hammer-head comes on line or I'll never get to park near the terminal again!
                Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Death Monkey
                  Originally posted by grish
                  I too am going to exploit that old "Price Is Right" bid strategy and say 7,000,002.
                  hmm i want to challenge your guess. MOD? MOD?

Comment

Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

6 521 498.73

Or $ 1.00.

Depends on how I feel.
                        My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

looking back to 07, i think the major 1 000 000 jump was caused by new west jet routes, YEG-LHR on AC, and air transats frankfurt and london gatwick's increased route #'s... [just an opinion]

i think that the south american market will start to open since Mexicana starts routes in June ...

i think if more routes are introduced, there will be another jump.

i'd say 7.2 million this year.
                          Oilers: Fall 4 Hall!

Comment

As I said in a previous post I will go with Reg Milley and predict an 8% growth which calculates to 6,550,326.6. More or less.
                            “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

it would be nice to have no single month with less than 500,000 and at least 3 months with 600,000+. starting with January 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X