No announcement yet.

Flair Airlines | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ would love to see it before someone else buys them out and neuters them, but the simple unserved gravity we have alone is clearly already pulling them into Edmonton.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
      ^ would love to see it before someone else buys them out and neuters them, but the simple unserved gravity we have alone is clearly already pulling them into Edmonton.
      Edmonton is the largest underserved centre on their current network. Thats why they are seeing volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenco View Post
        According to Aussie
        NewLeaf is rolling out its fall schedule... Well at least for October.

They are increasing YEG flying (flights per week):

YXX 4x
        YHM/YQM 3x
        YKA/YYJ 1x
        YYJ 1x
        YLW 2x
        YWG/YHM 2x

Total 13x week
        http://gonewleaf.ca/travel-info/route-map-south/
        Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Comment

Just came back from YWG on NL. No via here or there on all jet service. No back in the day prop jobs. 2 very good flights. Both were ahead of schedule. Staff were professional and polite.Will book again.
          Last edited by cnr67; 08-09-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cnr67 View Post
            Just came back from YWG on NL. No via here or there on all jet service. No back in the day prop jobs. 2 very good flights. Both were ahead of schedule. Staff were professional and polite.Will book again.
            Full flights both ways?

Comment

Route Map July 25 To October 2, 2016

Route Map October 3 To October 31, 2016

I note one of those cities doubling from 3 connections to 6 in there. Gee, what an underserved overlooked vortex of opportunity that must be.

Comment

^Maybe that underserved hub could entice NL to move their headquarters there...

Comment

Good on NewLeaf, I hope they do very well. I for one will definitely check them out next time we fly, especially when we go to New Brunswick as the other two are usually very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                    Originally posted by cnr67 View Post
                    Full flights both ways?
                    About 75% both ways.

Comment

^^^Notice that their hubs are no longer bolded now that edmonton has as many flights as Winnipeg and Hamilton.

We're booking a flight for late fall/early winter. Looking to be about 2/3 the cost of westjet, and direct to where we want to go (Hamilton). This makes me happy. I'll pack my own snacks for that kind of savings.
                      There can only be one.

Comment

Getting to Kelowna cheap would be great in the winter.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Comment

I think there is a market there for people that want to travel, but do not need to go to/or want to avoid the bigger hubs. WestJet sort of served that market before, but it seems to be focusing more on competing with Air Canada for business travelers and internationally now and Air Canada seems to mostly focus on the hubs. There are a lot of places in southern Ontario that can be just as easily (or better) reached from Hamilton and in the lower mainland from Abbotsford, plus the airport fees are lower.

Perhaps initially they didn't know much about Edmonton, but I bet they figured out it is under served, especially by Air Canada. They could do well here.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze how Edmonton always flies under the radar. ��
                            “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

NewLeaf said it plans to add flights to more Canadian cities, as well as its first U.S. destinations. Announcements will be made “in the next few weeks.”Company spokeswoman Julie Rempel said frequency is expected to double between mid-December and mid-January as the company ramps up to using six aircraft from three.
                              NewLeaf is also offering a 50 per cent discount on all its October flights for a limited time.
                              http://business.financialpost.com/ne...to-four-cities

Any speculation? I'd say YEG is in the running to get new US service, considering YEG is one of New Leaf's larger bases. My prediction, Las Vegas, somewhere in California, or perhaps a west coast city like Seattle or Portland.

Comment

Las Vegas is the easy guess, or Orlando, but I want it to be New York, which is strategically more important.

Comment

Working...
                                X