No announcement yet.

Flair Airlines | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certainly they have cleaned things up quite a bit. They just launched their new cabin crew uniforms which continues with their new theme. Love the way they are going about their business right now and I hope they continue to grow at a very slow pace while growing a loyal fan base.

Comment

• New App (in testing)

Flair Airlines now has an app (kinda).

They were testing it out on a couple of flights as a beta run and the app should be up and running before the Christmas Holidays!

They are letting you order food and drinks from your phone (WHAT?!, so un-called for in Canada lol!)!

The app will also include their Escape48 blogs as well as video entertainment. No news on wifi (doubt it).

The app is available in the app store however it is currently unusable as they continue to develop it.

They are REALLY moving in the right direction!!!!

Comment

• https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...-court-dispute

I've been following Flair with some interest, and it sounds like a roller coaster behind the scenes as well. At least they're doing better than Canada Jetlines, who has yet to fly a single passenger and is already falling apart.

Comment

• https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/276884/Flair-pulling-out-of-Abbotsford-as-battle-with-Swoop-takes-off#276884

Looks like Flair is pulling numerous routes, including Abbotsford-Edmonton

Comment

• Swoop was selling tickets from Abbottsford to Edmonton for $20. Now that Flair is pulling out, let's see what swoop prices will look like. Don't be surprised if Swoop also pulls out that market as well and hand it over to WS. They will have no reason or no competitors to chase out of the market.

Comment

• Yup lots of people called this when Swoop entered the market. Their main goal is to make Flair lose business.

Comment

• Flair announced YEG to YOW starting July 11. Looks like it's about $250 return.
                www.decl.org

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyYeg View Post
                  Swoop was selling tickets from Abbottsford to Edmonton for $20. Now that Flair is pulling out, let's see what swoop prices will look like. Don't be surprised if Swoop also pulls out that market as well and hand it over to WS. They will have no reason or no competitors to chase out of the market.
                  Not a surprise. The competition rules whatever they are in Canada are not seriously enforced these days by the Feds. Monopolies and oligopolies (airlines, banks, cell phone providers, etc...) pretty much get away with whatever they want to put smaller competitors out of business, with at most a slap on the wrist. They are very good at perpetuating the status quo, which works well for them and pacifying or silencing the supposed government watch dogs.

Comment

• When WestJet started, they raised holy hell when Air Canada pulled these stunts.

But they're now one of the big boys.

Comment

• It’s like the new airline hazing. I originally thought Flair should go head to head and beat Swoop on routes but have come around to their strategy of flying to desired airports (I.e. yyz and yvr) where it’s unlikely swoop will chase them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenSPACE View Post
                        Flair announced YEG to YOW starting July 11. Looks like it's about $250 return.
                        That's a darn good price. Ottawa is always expensive to travel to.
                        We did get a deal on swoop to fly to London, ON for $62 return.

Comment

• ^$320-ish if you included luggage.
                          www.decl.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Base View Post
                            It’s like the new airline hazing. I originally thought Flair should go head to head and beat Swoop on routes but have come around to their strategy of flying to desired airports (I.e. yyz and yvr) where it’s unlikely swoop will chase them.
                            Yes, there is a logic to that approach. As much as it was a great deal, I had no desire to go to Abbotsford and then schlep it to Vancouver. However, I realize not everyone is going to the same destination and having service to places like Hamilton or Abbotsford works for some people depending on where they are going in the region and their aiport fees are lower, so it help reduce the cost.

Comment

• It was expected hence I suggested that Flair had to partnered up with other smaller airlines from early get go- Caribou North, Cabadia North, and Porter. All four airlines must work with each other and offer routes that go beyond their traditional services. Picture a lion up against one hyena, that hyena would be lynched; however, one lion against 4 hyenas, that lion is not so tough. West Jet has moved into FBO, so I wont be surprised if other speciality market will be taking over.
                              " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• Flair Airlines, Canada's only ultra low-cost carrier, is repositioning its fleet, and has big things planned for 2020, PAX has learned.

Flair Airlines CEO Jim Scott says that pending aircraft availability, the ultra-low-cost carrier based in Edmonton, Alberta, has every intention of launching new routes out of Montreal, ultimately unlocking the long-awaited opportunity for affordable air travel out of Quebec.

If that happens, Flair will be the only low-cost carrier (LCC) in Canada to offer routes out of Quebec.

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/ai...n-us-fall-2020

Comment

Working...
                                X