No announcement yet.

Flair Airlines | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flair on their Facebook page said winter schedule is out. I don’t think they added any new destinations...

Comment

• When they say winter schedule they mean it. Does not appear to have a sun destination. Disappointing.

Comment

• Booked flights home for Christmas, 168 dollars from YVR.

God I love this company.
        There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

Comment

• on twitter, it appears flair will be getting their next 737-800 (C-FFLC)

https://twitter.com/AlexPYYC/status/...978816/photo/1

Comment

• http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/C-FFLC.html

Cool, so a 1958 Beech E18S or a Supermarine 361 Spitfire.
            Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Originally posted by howie View Post
              http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/C-FFLC.html

Cool, so a 1958 Beech E18S or a Supermarine 361 Spitfire.
              Related to Flair how?

Comment

• Those are the aircraft that had this registration previously. The Beech was cancelled in 1992.
                “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• I don't think EdmTrekker saw the 'wink' at the end my sentence. A bit of tongue-in-cheek is good now and again.
                  Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Originally posted by howie View Post
                    I don't think EdmTrekker saw the 'wink' at the end my sentence. A bit of tongue-in-cheek is good now and again.
                    I did miss the wink.

Comment

• Took my first flight on Flair this past week YYZ to YEG.

I’m a happy customer.
                      It was over $300 and the plane was full.

Wish they had a little something more of sustenance in their buy on board food service. But the $8 highball and $4 Pringle’s was enough to knock me out for a good nap.

Noticed a couple customers had the same seat but that got sorted quick. Growing pains.

Very surprised to be using the newest part of YEGs terminal and the jetway at that. Does YEG even offer a no jetway option to save an airline money? Gate 8 comes to mind.

Comment

• Am I mistaken or is Flair using its 737-800s on YYZ runs to YYC and YVR more now then at YEG?

And what’s with their new planes landing in YYC first for photo ops?

Makes me wonder when Flair will get bought out by the bigger players.

Only a matter of time maybe.

Comment

• I speak only to be corrected, but I think Flair has a substantial maintenance facility at Calgary dating from the resource charter heyday. Both the 737-800 aircraft first landed in this country down there, the most recent one just a week ago.
                          I notice that for this week one of these flies Toronto-Vancouver-Edmonton-Vancouver-Toronto while the other flies Edmonton-Toronto-Halifax-Toronto-Edmonton. There must also be other routes planned for these.
                          I think it is clear that Flairs ambitious fleet renewal plans are much in arrears. I expect this is partly due to the MAX grounding which has dried up the secondary market.
                          I hope Flair works through this all right. They have once again started advertising for staff.

Comment

• If anything is going to be EIA’s saviour it will be the low cost carrier. It is quite evident at this time the full service airlines are not interested in providing better service to Edmonton. The WS/DL code share is another example of their concentration of service through their hubs. On the other hand people flying from XU connect through on WS tp YYC, YVR and YLW etc. I also know people who have taken the 200 mile drive to catch this flight bitching and complaining all the way. LLCs also make it possible to attend events here that otherwise would be too expensive. It is up to the city and surrounding municipalities to take advantage of this by promoting video game events or what ever is in vogue. It also makes it easier for start up companies with small budgets to attend conferences or do commerce in other communities. I see nothing but positive coming from pursuing the LCC.
                            “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• I agree with your assessment. The "low cost" modelcould save us, and, most likely, the only option to explore. I think it boils down to strategy. Does Flair have a solid strategy? It is hard to say without understanding their acute DNA. In my head, there are plausible ways to use Edmonton as hub base on geography alone, but I'm hesitant to open my mouth on here for fear of giving somebody a concept... we need this.
                              Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 29-08-2019, 11:49 PM.
                              " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

• Feeling good about Flair

So, they have hung in there and now have 3 737-800s. I've flown 6 round trips with them now, and think they are a great value proposition especially the YEG-YVR route. I'm happy that they seem to have scaled back to stabilize and focus on Canadian routes. I have been seeing their on-time performance improve and have a pretty good outlook on them now. They could definitely improve their web site a bit and focus on a consistent product, but I hope they stay ULCC. My only complaint about the flight last week is both the 737-800 and the 737-400 had no menus. Its kinda hard to plan on giving them money if you don't have any options in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X