No announcement yet.

Flair Airlines | Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of surprised that Ft Mac isn't on that list.

Comment

I do hope they make it, but it is a very low profit business with margins around 2%. Both Air Canada and Westjet need the competition as they both have become too complacent in overpricing Canadians.

Comment

So they avoid major airports in the country. Problem is that major airports draw business people and bulk of population.

I don't see a long term viable business here. They can't model this after the US where even you operate flights to secondary airports, you have large populations to support it.

Even Southwest now flies to all major and expensive airports (LGA, DCA, BOS and so on...).

Comment

They gotta start somewhere. A great number of business failures result from going too big too soon. Let's give them a chance.
          Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

If it is by Flair Air, then there is potential for Canadian North to do the same as they already have a huge base here
            " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

I imagine if they could work out of Red Deer they'd get a considerable amount of traffic from both Edmonton and Calgary.

Comment

And go where?

Comment

Anywhere else they fly. Believe it or not, a decent amount of people fly from Edmonton to Kelowna. Abbotsford if people are going to Vancouver wouldn't be bad, etc.

Comment

I'm aware of that. What I'm refering to is what is offered now. No I would go to Redeer for a flight. There is a reason why I live in big cities.

Comment

Interesting schedule as per airlineroute.net. Looks like routes are either once or twice weekly on a Flair Airlines 734:

Canadian new start-up carrier NewLeaf yesterday announced its planned operation ahead of next month’s service launch, with inaugural flight scheduled on 12FEB16. Positioning itself as the ultra low-cost carrier, the airline will be serving following routes 2 weekly each (except certain routes). Operational aircraft will be provided by Flair Airlines’ 737-400 while using the company’s IATA code F8.

eff 12FEB16 Hamilton – Halifax
                      eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Abbotsford
                      eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Hamilton
                      eff 12FEB16 Saskatoon – Kelowna
                      eff 13FEB16 Winnipeg – Hamilton
                      eff 13FEB16 Winnipeg – Kelowna
                      eff 14FEB16 Hamilton – Kelowna 1 weekly
                      eff 14FEB16 Regina – Kelowna 1 weekly until 13MAR16
                      eff 17FEB16 Saskatoon – Abbotsford 1 weekly (2 weekly from 14MAR16)
                      eff 18FEB16 Hamilton – Regina
                      eff 15MAR16 Regina – Abbotsford
                      http://airlineroute.net/2016/01/07/f8-feb16/

Comment

Good thing we shut down YXD otherwise that would a very realistic landing spot for this ULCC.

Comment

Flair Air don't have many planes, so the scheduling is not shocking. This company was doing a lot of FBO oilsand flights. They pale compared to Canadian North in terms of metals.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                            Good thing we shut down YXD otherwise that would a very realistic landing spot for this ULCC.
                            It is a good thing that airport got shut down.

Comment

Red Deer is getting a runway extension!
                              http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ding-1.3268977

It won't be long now. Regular scheduled 737 service from YQF.

Once the locals get used to it, next will be Sun destinations!

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                                The 737-400 of New Leaf would not have been able to land on those short runways.

The -200 was the only 737 that could.
                                Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Working...
                                X