X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flair Airlines | Discussion

NewLeaf Travel is Canada’s new ultra-low-cost
    air travel company.

Our low fares get you from here to there with the convenience of being able to add the extras you love, à-la-carte style. Even better, most of our main routes are non-stop flights that aren’t currently offered by other companies.

We want to spread the love to Canada’s smaller airports because of their laid back atmosphere, cheaper parking and awesome baggage handling. Plus, their lower fees keep more money in the bank for you.

Remember www.flynewleaf.ca because we’re not using any booking sites. To keep costs down, we sell directly to the customer and a small number of exclusive partners.

Like to board the flight first? Or maybe you’re looking to enjoy a tasty beverage in your favourite window seat? The good news is that you can customize your trip with the options you know and enjoy. These include:

Priority boarding
    Seat selection
    Printed boarding passes from our agents
    On-flight beverages

http://flynewleaf.ca/site/assets/fil...h-routemap.jpg

http://flynewleaf.ca

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I give them 18-24months before they shut down.
    If they make it to Edmonton, I'll certainly check them out.

Comment

They purposefully are avoiding 'high-cost airports'.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
        I know what they're doing. I just don't think they'll be successful.

Comment

New low cost airline

Interesting ... with WestJet and Air Canada going more after higher end business and international travellers, perhaps there is a market that is not being paid attention to.

Also, with the economy the way it is in Canada, there are going to be a lot of travellers looking for cheaper flights. It is probably better to start in the smaller communities and cheaper airports and if they are successful, expand to places like Edmonton and Calgary later.

Time will tell how successful they are, but my sense is 2016 is going to be a difficult year economically, so it actually is probably a good time to start up a budget airline.

Comment

I miss Jetsgo or whatever it was, YEG-YVR return for $139 + tax.

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
              They are only "high cost" if they charge the full rate.
              Don't really understand their city pairings but we will see.
              “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Well, good luck to them. They're surely looking at Edmonton somewhere down the road.
                Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

we need 3 rd carrier for a long time because we have only 2 big name and look at US, they have quite a few different airlines to fly elsewhere.
                  Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Jet fuel is cheap these days...
                    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

Now we just have to build the High Speed Rail line to Saskatoon rather than Calgary.
                      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by nobleea View Post
                        I give them 18-24months before they shut down.
                        If they make it to Edmonton, I'll certainly check them out.
                        Yeah.

I'm still waiting for Canada Jetlines to get going so I can fly from Winnipeg to Flin Flon on a new 737-7. My goodness gracious.

I like the "a la carte" pricing model though. Wonder if they'll consider charging less for middle seats and seats next to the bathroom. Nobody enjoys those...

Comment

I miss a third carrier, but needs to be major routes.

YEG to YVR for 139+ taxes was the best.

Comment

I'd say this is the best model I've seen since Westjet c96.

Still might not make it, but it seems really well insulated from the big two, attractive enough for a niche, and pretty easy to sustain.

If it makes it to the third birthday it might come here and to Ottawa.

It's operated by Flair Air of Calgary, BTW.
                            Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                              It's operated by Flair Air of Calgary, BTW.
                              Kelowna, not Calgary.

Comment

Working...
                              X