Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawkair: dawson Creek to Edmonton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hawkair: dawson Creek to Edmonton

    "Dilley ruled out the possibility of an Edmonton flight, saying that initial meetings with the Edmonton International Airport showed there was no appetite for such a service in the near future."

    Really? EIA has no appetite? I bet more people want YEG than YYC...

    http://www.alaskahighwaynews.ca/daws...lans-1.1825655

    http://www.hawkair.ca/route-map
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 16-04-2015, 12:21 PM.

  • #2
    You're right - it doesn't make sense. I was initially thinking that Central Mountain Air made a stink with Edmonton Airports about it, but they don't even fly this route...

    Comment


    • #3
      Sometimes there is more to a $ituation than one party likes to tell a newspaper.

      Personally Fort St. John is close enough for me.
      Let's make Edmonton better.

      Comment


      • #4
        GP is close enough. I usually would fly to GP then drive up. large aircraft and connections south.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am puzzled what reason EIA would have to dissuade or decline a service...I guess only EIA would know whether there is truth to the comment.

          Comment


          • #6
            James van der beek must be mad...
            be offended! figure out why later...

            Comment


            • #7
              This situation sounds rather odd to me, especially coming from an airport trying to add service to other cities.
              Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

              Comment


              • #8
                The whole story is a little odd. I think HawkAir was just giving Dawson Creek a story.
                Very little of the BC Natural Gas play is serviced out of Dawson. The vast majority of the industry in Northern BC is centered in Fort St. John. If the LPG Terminals at Kitimat go ahead, it won't make much difference at all to Dawson, nearly all the gas is north and Ft St John is closer and already the energy service center.
                The difference in the two places is quite marked. Dawson has empty stores, plants and shops, Fort St John, only 70 km up the road is exploding.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This route was tried before in 2007 by now defunct Corporate Express who used a Saab.340 on the route. The loads were poor even over a YYC-YEG routing onward.

                  The problem I believe with the route is having a carrier with onward connections such as AC express, Encore or even CMA.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Peace Triangle.

                    Peace River
                    Grande Prairie
                    Dawson Creek
                    Fort St. John

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ralph60 View Post
                      The whole story is a little odd. I think HawkAir was just giving Dawson Creek a story.
                      Very little of the BC Natural Gas play is serviced out of Dawson. The vast majority of the industry in Northern BC is centered in Fort St. John. If the LPG Terminals at Kitimat go ahead, it won't make much difference at all to Dawson, nearly all the gas is north and Ft St John is closer and already the energy service center.
                      The difference in the two places is quite marked. Dawson has empty stores, plants and shops, Fort St John, only 70 km up the road is exploding.
                      Very valid point that Dawson Creek is a [email protected]#$hole.....compared to John, however the gas giant I work for is using Dawson as their FOB for their plays in the area, in fact they are planning 3000+ workers using the Dawson airport as a base for flights to Edm and Cal.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by David Jackson View Post
                        The Peace Triangle.

                        Peace River
                        Grande Prairie
                        Dawson Creek
                        Fort St. John
                        Wouldn't that be a square?
                        “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A trapezoid perhaps.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                            Sometimes there is more to a $ituation than one party likes to tell a newspaper.

                            Personally Fort St. John is close enough for me.
                            True.


                            It costs EIA as well to launch a new route. Neither party has an appetite to launch a service they don't think will pay off.

                            No real story here.
                            President and CEO - Airshow.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X