• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM | Amsterdam | Discussion

Starts May 3

KL675 AMS1435 – 1535YEG 332 x136
    KL676 YEG1810 – 1045AMS 332 x136

http://airlineroute.net/2014/10/10/kl-yeg-s15/
    Last edited by TheGreatestX; 11-10-2014, 12:05 PM.

Its looking more and more like it's official, great work to all involved

Comment

I wonder if Derek Vanstone will throw another hissy fit and threaten to remove more flights (are there any left?).

Comment

Derek can ***, kudos to EIA and KLM.

Comment

All 3 of our European flights will be on the ground at the same time. That will make for a cool pic!

Comment

KLM is a member of SkyTeam.
            Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Comment

This would be great news. Have been thinking about a trip to the Netherlands next summer for a gathering of the extended family. A direct flight would make the decision to go much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sundance View Post
                I wonder if Derek Vanstone will throw another hissy fit and threaten to remove more flights (are there any left?).
                Not that I keep track, but I believe they only have mainline flights to their four hubs and Ottawa now.

If they don't have a subsidy for the Ottawa flights, I would presume that'd be next, although Montreal doesn't hub much that Toronto doesn't hub better.
                Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

^ At this point in the game, AC probably realizes that they either must try to keep whatever market share they have or they just pack it in and reduce flying to hubs only (YYC, YYZ, YVR and YUL...and maybe YOW). So next steps, you will either see a major effort to regain market share or a major service withdrawal. I prefer their withdrawal because it will help new players give us a try.

Comment

Aww man, that would have been awesome a month ago. I was in Amsterdam in early Sept and I had to route through Houston.
                    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Succesfully resisting urge to poke the bear ...

in other news, Skyteam's batting order: http://www.skyteam.com/en/About-Us/Our-Members/
                      ... gobsmacked

Comment

Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                        Originally posted by sundance View Post
                        Not that I keep track, but I believe they only have mainline flights to their four hubs and Ottawa now.

If they don't have a subsidy for the Ottawa flights, I would presume that'd be next, although Montreal doesn't hub much that Toronto doesn't hub better.
                        Would they dare give our nations capital the same treatment? Think of all the bad publicity they would get.
                        “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

^They did cut YOW-FRA for the winter.

Comment

They mentioned it on Global

Comment

I wonder when the last flight are for summer 2015....end of October? I guess we need the announcement to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X