American Airlines to Los Angeles NEW ROUTE to no route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
    The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
    It's heaven and hell!

Comment

Originally posted by EdmTrekker View Post
      Originally posted by chupa View Post
      Originally posted by JustYeggin View Post
      ^ I always thought United should have provided this service. But AA will do very nicely on this route. Many of us will remember that America West (which became US Airways and now AA) operated the route on the same type of aircraft CRJ900.

WestJet will have the better aircraft on the route, but I'm glad AA is recognizing how underserved this market is.
      The two airlines will co-operate on the route being in the one world alliance together.
      Is WJ now a member of One World?? That is news to me as I thought they were not even an affiliate! And here I thought they were simply code-share friends. What is your source please.
      Not a full fledged member but a code share partner with one world and its partners.

Comment

Ohhhhh, I'll definitely look into that next time I fly to LA.
        They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Chicago and New York are also hubs (along with Miami) for AA.
          "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

I'll make the obligatory "up yours Air Canada" post now!
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Logged in but couldn't find the user says thankyou. So, thankyou.
              ... gobsmacked

Comment

A Miami flight would be nice.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                  Originally posted by JayBee View Post
                  ^ I think Chicago would not be far-fetched at all.
                  How about JFK?
                  Originally posted by IanO

I don't see either in the short term. Right now for origin/destination traffic, New York can only fill one daily with YEG, and Miami can't, and we already have a flight to New York (Newark) on United. Flights to either need to be mainline equipment only (no Regional Jets) due to the distance, and that means selling a lot of tickets. Furthermore United can codeshare and transfer to and from Ft. Mac and Saskatoon and even YVR and YYC thru Edmonton via Air Canada.

Then for transfers beyond JFK, for where we sit, Chicago does everything better (including trans-Atlantic and Eastern U.S. and while Miami is somewhat better for South American and Caribbean access, Dallas is better for Central American and Mexican which are more popular, and has a huge overlap with our oil industry.

Not saying I wouldn´t love either, just that the time isn't quite right. If I had to guess, I would say more than 5 years out there, unless United for some reason abandons the YEG-EWR, which I also do not see.

Right now I don't see many holes in our U.S. access at all, except I like Seattle on Delta better than Alaska, and I think there would still be room at Chicago for AA.
                  Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

such a good development. i guess west jet or air canada don't want to make money from a prosperous city/ region/ airport.

i like the eia strategy. it seems the airport is doing the reverse hub. don't become one, but connect to as many as possible!

let's hope a euro carrier (ba or virgin) takes over the edm - heathrow service.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                      ^ I think Chicago would not be far-fetched at all.
                      How about JFK?
                      Originally posted by IanO

I don't see either in the short term. Right now for origin/destination traffic, New York can only fill one daily with YEG, and Miami can't, and we already have a flight to New York (Newark) on United. Flights to either need to be mainline equipment only (no Regional Jets) due to the distance, and that means selling a lot of tickets. Furthermore United can codeshare and transfer to and from Ft. Mac and Saskatoon and even YVR and YYC thru Edmonton via Air Canada.

Then for transfers beyond JFK, for where we sit, Chicago does everything better (including trans-Atlantic and Eastern U.S. and while Miami is somewhat better for South American and Caribbean access, Dallas is better for Central American and Mexican which are more popular, and has a huge overlap with our oil industry.

Not saying I wouldn´t love either, just that the time isn't quite right. If I had to guess, I would say more than 5 years out there, unless United for some reason abandons the YEG-EWR, which I also do not see.

Right now I don't see many holes in our U.S. access at all, except I like Seattle on Delta better than Alaska, and I think there would still be room at Chicago for AA.
                      MIA is a few years out, but a great hub possibility for business and tourism for YEG.

WS and AA's codeshare allows them to codeshare within Canada so AA has a very strong partner at YEG.

Comment

Delta Airlines has Salt Lake, Minneapolis, Memphis, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati and New York as hubs.

Washington, DC is a prospect with United.
                        Last edited by The_Cat; 19-06-2014, 10:23 PM.
                        "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Comment

About time Edmonton had a airport actually serving a big city.
                          live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Comment

Huge!!
                            It's not EIA it's YEG

Comment

Originally posted by The_Cat View Post
                              Delta Airlines has Salt Lake, Minneapolis, Memphis, Detroit, Atlanta, Cincinnati and New York as hubs.

Washington, DC is a prospect with United.
                              Don't forget SEA which has been upgraded to an official hub now.

DL needs to pick up their game in YEG. They have a long history with the city, but since DL takeover it has been lacking SEA would be a good addition if/when it comes. Way to long of a lack of presence in Edmonton for the West Coast IMO. MSP flights packed when I fly yet they remain with two flights a day and except for this summer on CRJ's or EMB's.

Comment

Flight times:
                                YEG-LAX: d. 07:25 a. 09:49
                                LAX-YEG: d. 17:45 a. 21:56

Comment

Working...
                                X