Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLM has some great prices right now to Europe for the fall. London for example is $836 return via AMS to LHR or LCY starting October 13.
    www.decl.org

Comment

• Good time to go - Weather is still good and tourists are less

Comment

• ^I've been to London that time of year and days are nice, 15C or so, nights around 8-9C
        www.decl.org

Comment

• WestJet has delayed all YEG to Hawaii flying until January.
          MAX effect.

Comment

• I have to say I am getting increasingly frustrated.

Star Alliance carrier
            Lufthansa is to open a new transatlantic connection to Canada, with services to the capital Ottawa.

Star Alliance partner Air Canada already operates the service from Ottawa to Frankfurt, and also connects the Canadian capital to London Heathrow.
            https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...apital-460761/
            “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• Simple solution to air route frustration: Stop flying to connect through YYC and YYZ to fly out of Canada. Until people break that habit this will continue to happen.

Comment

• Or, accept the fact we're in a geographically disadvantageous location & the current business models don't support increased investment here then continue to go about your life.
                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• ^^Hard pass.
                  “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

Comment

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
                    Or, accept the fact we're in a geographically disadvantageous location & the current business models don't support increased investment here then continue to go about your life.
                    Pretty much.

"Breaking the Calgary habit" will never happen. I'd rather fly through Calgary to get to Dallas or Nashville then fly to Denver or Toronto to get to those places.

Comment

• We are geographically disadvantaged when it comes to traveling to the States. We have an advantage when it comes to Europe or Asia.
                      “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

• An advantage to places that we can't support routes to is not really an advantage.
                        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
                          Simple solution to air route frustration: Stop flying to connect through YYC and YYZ to fly out of Canada. Until people break that habit this will continue to happen.
                          Almost impossible.
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                            I have to say I am getting increasingly frustrated.

Star Alliance carrier
                            Lufthansa is to open a new transatlantic connection to Canada, with services to the capital Ottawa.

Star Alliance partner Air Canada already operates the service from Ottawa to Frankfurt, and also connects the Canadian capital to London Heathrow.
                            Why would this frustrate you? Maybe when you realize that nation's capital is a little more of an important world destination than this pimple on the prairies... you might become less frustrated? reality is hard.
                            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                              Originally posted by Glenco View Post
                              I have to say I am getting increasingly frustrated.

Star Alliance carrier

Why would this frustrate you? Maybe when you realize that nation's capital is a little more of an important world destination than this pimple on the prairies... you might become less frustrated? reality is hard.
                              Yet another one of your useless posts.

Comment

• Because endlessly restating how you feel entitled to certain flights, business cases be damned, is the height of usefulness?

Comment

Working...
                                X