No announcement yet.

The right plane for Canadian Routes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it becomes a huge success, but Virgin and and Indian airline Indigo just signed orders for the A320neo, a reworking of the plane with new winglets (sharklets they call them?) and a geared turbofan. The little bit I read said the A320neo will keep the CSeries from significantly breaking into the new markets it hoped to.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

I have two problems with Bombardier's planes
      1) Government subsidies, this will be nigh unto impossible to solve as Embraer, Boeing and Airbus also receive subsidies.
      2) As the current fuselage diameter is smaller this of course poses restrictions on carry on size so while you can carry a laptop sized case, the typical carry on size will not fit.

The new CS series will
      The CSeries cabin would also have large, rotating overhead storage bins, a first for single-aisle aircraft, allowing each passenger to stow a sizeable carry-on bag on board.Compared to the cabins of current in-service narrowbody aircraft, the CSeries would provide airlines with the largest overhead bin volume per passenger and a wider aisle that would allow for faster boarding and disembarkation of passengers

Comment

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...838/story.html
        Bombardier Inc. received a much-needed boost heading into the Paris Air Show later this month by booking a modest, but important, order for its new CSeries aircraft.

The Montreal manufacturer had not banked an order for its new 110-to-145-seat aircraft since February 2010. But it said Thursday it has received an order for 10 of the new aircraft from Sweden’s Braathens Leasing Ltd., a unit of Braathens Aviation of Sweden, which also put another 10 aircraft on option. ..............
        Joseph Nadol, a JPMorgan analyst, said with only 90 CSeries orders on the books, there hasn’t been any rush for customers to get their orders in. But as the backlog builds, he said a flurry of orders could follow. “A pickup in order activity could initiate a virtuous circle for Bombardier in which customers begin scrambling for slots,” he said in a recent note to clients.
        “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

Bombardier Inc. booked its second order within a week for its new CSeries aircraft Tuesday, continuing the positive momentum for the new 110-to-145-seat aircraft.

The Montreal manufacturer said it booked a firm order for three of its smaller CS100s from an unidentified buyer, which also put another three on option.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...306/story.html
          “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Comment

^its great news, the jet seems to be picking up some momentum. It looks quite pretty with those thin wings in the photo.

Comment

I think the plane has great potential. It only needs a 5000ft runway which means it can fly from London city airport to Moscow with a full payload something an A319 cannot do.

Comment

Korean Air signed a letter of intent to buy 10 CS300 aircraft, acquired an option to buy 10 more, and bought 10 "purchase rights."

The deal is valued at roughly $2 billion U.S. if all 30 aircraft are sold.
                http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...710/story.html

Comment

Bombardier downplays largest CSeries buyer becoming launch customer for A319neo

"MONTREAL - Bombardier and Republic Airways, the largest buyer so far of the Canadian company's new CSeries aircraft, are downplaying the impact of the U.S. carrier's decision to become the launch customer for the rival A319neo offering from Europe's Airbus.

The U.S. airline said Wednesday it had tentatively ordered 40 of the 124-seat A319neos, the plane that competes most closely with the larger CSeries.

It also ordered 40 of Airbus' larger A320neos in a deal that could be worth up to US$10 billion for both planes, although customers tend to get discounts from list prices."
                  I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Comment

...and Boeing has finally weighed in with it's own re-engined 737, the 737 MAX. Not only a geared turbofan, they appear to be including scalloped nacelles of the engine exhaust as seen on the 787 to further reduce noise. I can't find any indication if they will be using more composites in the fuselage. Here are pretty pictures.

Comment

Update on the cabin

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3nc...e_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad
                      Also.
                      Bombardier Agrees to Share CSeries Cockpit With China’s C919

://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-20/bombardier-cseries-may-share-cockpit-with-china-s-c919-on-costs.html
                      Far from exporting Canadian jobs Bombardier are doing what is necessary to keep in the game. I sincerely hope they succeed.
                      Last edited by Glenco; 25-03-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

^corny video, with the amazing toilet, lol. It does look great though, I hope this works for Bombaridier.

Comment

I moved the design conversation here. http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ad.php?t=23310
                          Ow

Comment

Bombardier starts assembly of first CSeries flight test vehicle

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...154/story.html

Comment

Bombardier targets big rivals as C Series makes its debut

Bombardier Inc. is taking a step toward a full-blown battle with airplane giants Airbus SAS and Boeing Co., introducing a version of its new C Series plane that increases the number of seats to 160.
                              http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle9441640/

Comment

Bombardier Says CSeries ’Looks Great’ for First Flight in June

Bombardier Inc. (BBD/B) said its new CSeries plane, designed to compete with top-selling models from Boeing Co. (BA) and Airbus SAS, is set to make its initial flight this month.

Bombardier aims to reveal undisclosed CSeries customers -- of which it has three -- at the Paris show, and is “guardedly optimistic” about announcing new sales there too, Fuller said.
                                http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...edentials.html

EasyJet hints at CSeries order
                                The order could come as part of a huge order from the British low-cost carrier based at London’s Luton Airport for more than 100 jets from Airbus SAS or Boeing Co. — and Bombardier. It would break the single-aircraft-type model for the budget airline, now the biggest in the U.K. in terms of passengers carried, that now flies only Airbus A319s and A320s. The CSeries competes head-on with the A319, but also indirectly with the A320.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/EasyJ...#ixzz2V8ZAwgnm

Comment

Working...
                                X