Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Edmonton area or Alberta whiskey

Hello,

I am off to the International Council of Airshows Convention next week to secure acts for the 2020 Airshow.  

While the name will be changing to reflect the larger scope we want, the airshow portion will still be produced.  The tentative title is the Alberta Aerospace and Technology Expo, which will feature the Edmonton Airshow, the inaugural Canadian Championship Air Races (partner with Reno), and the Trade Show/Career Fair.  

Why do I ask for the best whiskey?   Because it is a constant ask from some of the major companies and militaries that are now on board to come to Edmonton this summer.  They want great Canadian whiskey, but I want to ensure it comes from Alberta.

Thoughts?
    President and CEO - Airshow.

That sounds fantastic. On whisky, the only one really worth exploring is the whiskey being produced by Eau Claire Distilleries in Turner Valley. They are creating a single-malt using barley grown at the Bar U Ranch and harvested using horses. Has a great story, however in very limited qualities.

If you can't get something good from Alberta, Canadian Harvest from Crown Royale (produced in Manitoba) is your next bet. 

With any whiskey you want to select something that is good tasting, not just local imo.
    www.decl.org

Comment

Oh, I agree on the good tasting part....that is #1 by a long shot.

I'd like to get something local, but I would forgo that in favour of something that leaves them wanting MORE.  There is a plan I have for visiting teams this year...

In short, I am trying to make Edmonton the go-to destination for aerospace trade conversations in Western Canada...if not Canada....or NA.  

...but you can't do that by serving whiskey that tastes like siphoned diesel...

Comment

Isn't there a distillery at EIA and could they not do a custom blend? Even if not the best in Canada - it would be an additional little something to provide key marketing clients etc. that shows what can result from an aerotropolis.

http://www.redcupdistillery.ca

Comment

I have their Vodka, and it is actually delicious for Vodka! Bought a case... I am not sure if they do a blend though...

I was looking at Rig Hand... https://righanddistillery.com/our-spirits/

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
            Hello,

I am off to the International Council of Airshows Convention next week to secure acts for the 2020 Airshow.

While the name will be changing to reflect the larger scope we want, the airshow portion will still be produced. The tentative title is the Alberta Aerospace and Technology Expo, which will feature the Edmonton Airshow, the inaugural Canadian Championship Air Races (partner with Reno), and the Trade Show/Career Fair.

Thoughts?
            Might I suggest a 'battlebot' type of competition to draw some more crowds or even some sort of indoor drone competition.

Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

https://www.elkislandspirits.com/ Elk Island Spirits. I have the Wandering Elk and happy that I added it to my collection.its a young whiskey but quite smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Might I suggest a 'battlebot' type of competition to draw some more crowds or even some sort of indoor drone competition.
                Yup, a few shots of local jungle juice should make that a fun event.

Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

Already underway.

Comment

It sounds pretty ambitious there Richards. Consider that there are about 27,000 licensed pilots (fixed wing and helicopter) in Canada as opposed to 594,000 in USA. The Reno air races in Nevada think they might capture an attendance of 175,000 next year or more than 6 times all licensed pilots in all of Canada, assuming 100% attendance by the Canucks.
                    Talking those people who attend Reno into traveling north to Alberta is going to take a lot of whisky, regardless of who makes it. That is not to say it could not be done. Lower density altitude would appeal to the pilots, some rebate on housing and living would certainly help, as well as the exchange rate. But I would leave whisky as the last incentive if I were you- pilots are not known for their drinking habits.

Comment

Maybe Breitling could sponsor a whiskey bar.

Talk to these guys, I bet they could help: http://www.spiritscanada.ca/about-us/

Last edited by IrishAtomic; 06-12-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X