X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Driven by there many times at night. Wonderful lights, gives the area a great feel!!!!! My understanding is the city is in the process of doing the same thing with the trees along the east side of Churchill Square. Lets get this city lite up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Love what the City and Zocalo collaboration did to the entrance to Giovanni Caboto Park. Love this area.
        Don't normally quote large posts - but this one yes.

'Cause family from, oh Vangcouver, Trannah and Mohnreal, love this district - more 96th and 95th (true) - but love it.

Tony's Pizza may have something to do with that ... (seems somewhat reasonable).
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

Definitely a little gem, the ambience in the park is wonderful. I especially love it in the summer at the end of a long day to just sit, with a cold drink or ice cream and take in the fading light.
          Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Giovanni Caboto park always makes me feel like I live in a big city. No moreso than yesterday when 300 or so people gathered to watch Italy England on a big screen. There were probably another 100 kids in the playground, people taking pictures in the fountain, a spontaneous soccer game. It was fantastic.

I've attended many events at GC over the years - before the redesign and after - but this little advertised, well attended gathering truly exploited the full potential of the park. All of which was overseen by arguably the best mural in the city on the southside of the Boys and Girls club.

Theresa Spinelli is a true community builder.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs View Post
              I've said it before and I'll say it again: Giovanni Caboto park always makes me feel like I live in a big city. No moreso than yesterday when 300 or so people gathered to watch Italy England on a big screen. There were probably another 100 kids in the playground, people taking pictures in the fountain, a spontaneous soccer game. It was fantastic.

I've attended many events at GC over the years - before the redesign and after - but this little advertised, well attended gathering truly exploited the full potential of the park. All of which was overseen by arguably the best mural in the city on the southside of the Boys and Girls club.

Theresa Spinelli is a true community builder.
              I went to CC Park to watch the Italy v England match too, much better than going to a noisy bar, and I think the main reason was that it was a good mixed crowd - young/old, male/female, supporting one of the teams/"neutral" and I don't recall seeing any drunken idiots. That made a big difference.

Well done to the organizers!

Comment

Yeah, looked to Top_Dawg like a really well planned event.

Did they have a beer garden or was it a dry event ?

Comment

It was officially dry but along with the usual couple of rubby dubs passed out among the crowd (after a little too much time in a beer tent of their own making) there were plenty of folk responsibly having a beer or something else.

Stupid, parochial AGLC.

Comment

I have been visiting Little Italy more and more over the last couple of years. Most people are very friendly and my kids love playing in the park and then going to the Italian Centre shop for some treats. I was at the Italy VS England festivities and at the heart of the city festival the week before. Both were great.
                    Luck is the collision that occurs when preparation and opportunity run into each other.

Comment

Any word on when Allegro is opening in Little Italy?

Comment

It looked open the last time I walked by.

Comment

^ Really? It wasn't open Saturday when the soccer game was on in the park. Looked to still be under construction with paper in the windows.

Comment

Working...
                          X