No announcement yet.

Must try Millwoods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live south of baseline. That route takes you right to downtown. Not great for commuting to the south side.

Comment

right downtown after heading too far north. Very familiar with science park and petroleum way. Not the most direct route to downtown, at all.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by SP59 View Post
        The way I would cycle out of Sherwood Park is to travel north on Broadmoor Boulevard's multi use path to Petroleum Way and head west. It goes under the AHD just north of the Suncor refinery and then continue to 17 Street. Turn north on 17 Street for a few hundred meters and turn into science park/ski hill entrance and you end up down at the foot bridge that is just south of the Beverley Bridge. It is not a busy route.
        Its an awful trip cycling through and around refinery row, is not at all direct or efficient. That trip just demonstrates how difficult it is to access from Sherwood park. I've always been a Cyclist, and Sherwood park was never going to be an option because of where it is and how its configured. About the best a cyclst could do is bite the bullet and risk life and limb and use Baseline or Sherwood park freeway. Terrible options, really.

Also, does Petroleum way even have decent lane space for a cyclist? Haven't been down it lately but I wouldn't enjoy that very much.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

There's a multi-use path that goes from Science Park, and follows Petroleum way into Sherwood Park, and connects with the multi-use paths there.

To get out of millwoods, one needs to go through an industrial area too. Not like there's very easy ways to get out of millwoods either. Millwoods is completely hemmed in by freeways. Whitemud, Henday, Gateway Blvd + 91 street.
          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

91st is a whole lot more pleasent trail than Sherwood park exit. plus that it links to Millcreek Ravine and other accesses. The Lrt construction has screwed things over on 34ave connection though. We should also have a dedicated Whitemud drive overpass. That would be nice.

If I had to do it over again from a Cycling/hiking pov I would live somewhere closer to the river like in Riverbend. But then I'd be screwed for rush hour driving traffic.

Traffic is never an issue in Mill Woods.

I'm familiar with Science Park as well. Used to take some of those trails years ago when I was doing the whole River Valley trail circuits. I even remember when the Science park was open.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Working...
            X