No announcement yet.

Edmonton is best place for Millennials to get ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like things will become so expensive in Vancouver that it will become like the middle ages where only the rich own property and all of the serfs live in a spare room at their houses. The problem is that the mega rich from other countries are flooding to Vancouver and pushing up the prices. I expect this trend will continue as we continue to buy things made in other countries, reducing our pool of mega rich and increasing the amount of rich business owners from other countries. What will be the end result? A city where only multi millionaires can afford to live In? What does that mean for other Canadian cities and where will those pushed out move to? Only time will tell, but I think that the gap between the rich and the poor will become a physical one.
    Not trying to be political here, I am not saying if this is good or bad, just saying.
    Patrick Ryckman

Comment

• Wrong thread I know....but just read the Journal article, something about Canadian women rating men from Edmonton as the "best dressed?" Is that a joke? As much I despise Hipsters - is Edmonton the most "Canadian Hipster" city? Like Edmonton is the hipster sister city to the US's Portland, Austin and Nashville?

Must be a hipster thing, ie, red pants, tight buttoned to the neck long sleeve shirts, suspenders, converse sneakers, whacked out head gear and ridiculous moustaches. In which the latter requires expensive oils, creams and lotions.

Comment

• Edmonton has a very confusing hipster-to-pickup truck ratio.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
          Edmonton has a very confusing hipster-to-pickup truck ratio.
          New fusion cruising: Pickupsters

Where have all the cowboys gone? | San Diego Reader
          https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/...where-cowboys/
          Last edited by KC; 09-07-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Old man rant.

I can never understand the hipster pretend getting back to natural theme.

The original beards and mops of hair were people simply not shaving, not getting hair cuts, and just letting it all grow. Not because it was fashionable but because it was one less thing to worry about, one less expense, and even kept your head and face warmer in these climes. You sheared once in awhile but frugally and without ever getting a new blade or anything like that.

Now beards are a fashion thing costing 100some bucks month in treatments, styling, hairdo's, expensive products, in an errant return to simple theme. Except, wait, this is NOT frugal.

Seems like the worst of both worlds. An unnecessary uncomfortable beard and unnecessary expense. All of which our emulated pioneering forefathers would not stop laughing at.

Oh, and the same people letting their facial hair grow are shaving their underarms, chest, *******, butts and pubes...hopefully not with the same shaving equipment.
            Last edited by Replacement; 09-07-2018, 10:23 PM.
            "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• They do waxing now by an esthetician. Costs a bit.
              Last edited by Drumbones; 09-07-2018, 10:36 PM.
              Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

• Originally posted by maclac View Post
                Wrong thread I know....but just read the Journal article, something about Canadian women rating men from Edmonton as the "best dressed?" Is that a joke? As much I despise Hipsters - is Edmonton the most "Canadian Hipster" city? Like Edmonton is the hipster sister city to the US's Portland, Austin and Nashville?

Must be a hipster thing, ie, red pants, tight buttoned to the neck long sleeve shirts, suspenders, converse sneakers, whacked out head gear and ridiculous moustaches. In which the latter requires expensive oils, creams and lotions.
                I'm not sure I know other Canadian cities well enough to say for sure, but there do seem to be a lot of hipsters here and they sure seem to put some effort and $ into their image. It may be exactly the right thread - it actually all makes sense. If you are paying a lot of your money for rent or housing like in Toronto or Vancouver, it doesn't leave as much left over to dress fashionable or maintain an appearance. Edmonton might not be as white collar as some cities, but average earnings are comparable or better than a lot of other places in Canada and our taxes are still lower too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Originally posted by maclac View Post
                  Wrong thread I know....but just read the Journal article, something about Canadian women rating men from Edmonton as the "best dressed?" Is that a joke? As much I despise Hipsters - is Edmonton the most "Canadian Hipster" city? Like Edmonton is the hipster sister city to the US's Portland, Austin and Nashville?

I'm not sure I know other Canadian cities well enough to say for sure, but there do seem to be a lot of hipsters here and they sure seem to put some effort and $ into their image. It may be exactly the right thread - it actually all makes sense. If you are paying a lot of your money for rent or housing like in Toronto or Vancouver, it doesn't leave as much left over to dress fashionable or maintain an appearance. Edmonton might not be as white collar as some cities, but average earnings are comparable or better than a lot of other places in Canada and our taxes are still lower too.
                  A lot of guys shop at Simons, that also contributes

Comment

• This is all very rich to read.
                    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

• And all very superficial.
                      Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Working...
                      X