Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stifle Orthotics for Pets in Edmonton

Fellow dog and cat owners:

I thought I'd share this with you: if you need a leg brace or orthotic device for your dog or cat, my wife and I found a good place out of Toronto that can do 3rd-party fitting here in Edmonton.

http://www.pawsability.ca/products-orthotics-stifle.php

One of our large dogs tore his ACL/CCL in his hind leg, and we wanted to go for a stifle brace instead of surgery. We were lucky enough to find Pawsability who has a representative orthotist in the Old Strathcona area.

If you have a pet who needs a leg brace, have a look at these folks at Pawsability. They do really good work, and it has helped our dog immensely in recovering his mobility.

Imagine: a world free of hypothetical situations!

Too cool. Any chewing on the orthotics occurring?
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Comment

So while, in the first world, we design and build expensive orthodics for our pets, children in the developing world die from unclean drinking water, let alone orthodics for disabled... oh us, the 1%...

Comment

Sad but true...
        Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by booster View Post
          Too cool. Any chewing on the orthotics occurring?
          booster: no chewing. Our dog has really grown to appreciate the brace. When we hold it up for our pup, he gets all happy and excited because that means we're going for a run.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
            So while, in the first world, we design and build expensive orthodics for our pets, children in the developing world die from unclean drinking water, let alone orthodics for disabled... oh us, the 1%...
            I agree with at least part of what you say, moah.

At the same time: you could say the same thing about going to professional hockey games, buying a big screen television, owning a car with leather seats, or building yourself a deck in your backyard.

If your pets are a priority for you, and you want orthotics for them, I definitely recommend these folks at Pawsability.

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
              I think you underestimate the power of a pet. People have kept cats/dogs/ birds etc for a few hundred years now. Pets can be and are great companions to many people. Sometimes they may be the only constant companion in some ones life. People spend money on butt implants, face lifts etc which are really superficial in the scheme of things, but it maybe what they want to do instead of spending $5,000 on a holiday. That could be said of peoples pets.
              On another note, who knows, buy building orthotics for animals they may inadvertently find solutions to some human problems.
              Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Working...
              X