Silver Spur Drive In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Spur Drive In

looks like someone is reviving the drive in theatre in Edmonton!

Www.silverspurmovies.com

Will the concessions and washrooms be available at Telus field or will this be food trucks and porta potties?

Its been a lot of years since I've been to the few drive-ins I went to. It will be a different experience with the lights of downtown, and beauty of the river valley. Likely also be different going with the kids instead of 'girlfriends'.

Comment

Meh, our location makes drive-ins particularly weak. Too bright in summer. Too cold in winter.

Besides, I thought we were trying to get away from car culture, not promote it.
      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Top_Dawg has some crazy memories of getting shitfaced drunk with his buds at Millwoods drive-in back in the 80s.

That was insane.

Comment

Had friends who worked at the Twin in the north end who would take a garbage bag full of popcorn home many times to share among us.

Comment

Whole generations of kids lack the memories of going to drive in theatres. It's sad.

Similarly , the A&W Drive-In was a great memory too.

BTW, my theory is that velour killed the drive-in theater and the drive-in restaurant.

Comment

velour?

Comment

I've never been to a Drive-In movie or A&W.

Comment

young whipper snapper
                  Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Me neither. But I do remember the last couple before they disappeared in the Edmonton area.

Comment

I saw Ghostbusters at a drive in, and remember A&W and Burger Baron drive-in's. Good times!
                      "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Edmonton parking lot to become drive-in movie theatre this summer
                        http://globalnews.ca/news/2064678/ed...e-this-summer/
                        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

If they do announce more dates, those will sell out fast too.

Comment

My parents used to sometimes sneak my brother and I into the drive in. I still remember watching parts of Porky's as a 8 year old...
                            Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

My parents took me to see poltergeist as an eight year old. Not sure what that says about parenting in "the good old days".

Comment

Working...
                              X