Edmonton Public Library - Library of the Year 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton Public Library - Library of the Year 2014

A HUGE congrats to the EPL for being named the "Library of the Year" by Library Journal magazine and Gale Cengage Learning.

This award is the highest honour of its kind and recognizes a public library that most profoundly demonstrates service to the community; creativity and innovation in developing specific community programs or a dramatic increase in library usage; and leadership in creating programs that can be emulated by other libraries. Overall, the nomination guidelines state “all libraries are good, some are great.” They want great.
    http://www.epl.ca/libraryoftheyear

This is the ONLY time a library outside of the US has won the award. Outstanding!

More info here:
    http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2014/06...-by-teamwork#_
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Wow. I don't recognize how big (or not big) a deal this is but it's impressive to me. I'm sure Harper had nothing to do with it.

Comment

Our family uses Capilano branch (with Bonnie Doon as backup!) and we are very happy with EPL. Congrats to all involved!

Comment

Go EPL!! Very proud of the organization. Progressive & always making a real difference in the lives of Edmontonians. Kudos EPL!!!
        youtube.com/BrothersGrim
        facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Over the past year or so I've thought "Hey, our library is awesome!" but I haven't had anything to compare it to. It's nice knowing that yeah, it's awesome, and it's actually.... World Class
          They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Now we can reward it with a new main home
            "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

I remember a few years ago when I walked into the millwoods branch of EPL for the first time since the early/mid 90's and was thinking to myself " I wonder how much of a joke the library is these days, with the rise of the internet and all".

Was I ever mistaken and in for a shock. Wonderful to see that the library IS relevant. Great job EPL!
              Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

That made my day. I always thought EPL had great service and collection but never thought it could be that great. The library is one of the best things we have in Edmonton.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                  Now we can reward it with a new main home
                  Hear hear.
                  Let's make Edmonton better.

Comment

Working...
                  X