No announcement yet.

Quality of Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got back from walking around SA, lots of parks, and lovely walk ways. I lived in Vancouver, it's a pretty city, but damn, it never stopped raining, pretty much like our [email protected] summer
    Animals are my passion.

Comment

Not sure where SA is but the Trophy and the little one came back from Surrey from a soccer tourney.....they stayed in Richmond - said it was nice. But the tourney itself was in Surrey and said it was like a 3rd world ghetto.....in fact several of the parent's rental cars were broken into and obscenities were shouted from afar for being caucasian in a predominantly non-caucasian neighbourhood? Don't know, never been.....never going.......

Comment

Originally posted by maclac View Post
        Not sure where SA is but the Trophy and the little one came back from Surrey from a soccer tourney.....they stayed in Richmond - said it was nice. But the tourney itself was in Surrey and said it was like a 3rd world ghetto.....in fact several of the parent's rental cars were broken into and obscenities were shouted from afar for being caucasian in a predominantly non-caucasian neighbourhood? Don't know, never been.....never going.......

St Alberta.

We were leased onto a company in Surrey . They had to move their location, because of damage to vehicles, and that was some time ago.
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Curious about the demographic breakdown.
          Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

I'm hoping that ebikes become mainstream as they should make it very easy for anyone to bike in and out of the river valley. I'm very sure the river would have seen more people enjoying it if the valley wasn't so deep.
            Edmonton first, everything else second.

Comment

the thing about Edmonton for me is that it's very comfortable to live here ! anything you want to do in a prairie city you can do here and it's not just the river valley, but shows/plays, movies, sports, dining, museums, a downtown that's getting more and more livable every day, sometimes we even get long, hot summers ('cept this year!) and sometimes even mild winters! we have most things every other major NA city has, except for mountains, an ocean or the great lakes, and it's more safe and clean than a lot of American cities i have been to! facts that seem lost on some who don't live here/never been here but have lots of comments about a city that they've only seen on places like YouTube !!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasH View Post
                I'm hoping that ebikes become mainstream as they should make it very easy for anyone to bike in and out of the river valley. I'm very sure the river would have seen more people enjoying it if the valley wasn't so deep.
                flatlanders... thinks the valley is deep...
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Agreed

The bike path steep sections are some of the best features. If you plan your adventure, you come up gradual slopes and tear down the steep ones.

ThomasH is waiting for his e-Walker to be delivered

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 05-09-2019, 09:52 AM.
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Being a newly minted senior, I'm okay with pedaling out of the river valley for now. My wife is already finding it difficult though.

Guess I have to do a mea culpa on the glass elevator/funicular. When biking we find ourselves frequently using it to get out of the river valley rather than trying to pedal up Grierson Road for instance. Just wish the funicular was better connected to the downtown bike network.

Comment

Our income estimates may actually underestimate the economic well-being of Canadians relative to Americans. Indeed, Canadians usually receive more in-kind benefits from their governments, including notably in health care (as noted also by Wolfson and Murphy, 199. Had these benefits been included in the estimates, the median augmented household income in Canada would likely surpass the American median by a greater margin. While these benefits also come with higher taxes, the progressivity of the income tax system is such that the median household is most likely a net beneficiary

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...premium-canada

Comment

Concur in full. My double knee replacement neighbour just bought an ebike yesterday - life-changing. It will definitely be my next bike purchase.

Camped next to a couple young Danes this summer who said ebikes are frowned upon in Copenhagen - riders are considered lazy. My Dutch friends tell me that while ebikes are ubiquitous and beloved they're speed is becoming a real hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by ajs View Post
                          Concur in full. My double knee replacement neighbour just bought an ebike yesterday - life-changing. It will definitely be my next bike purchase.

Camped next to a couple young Danes this summer who said ebikes are frowned upon in Copenhagen - riders are considered lazy. My Dutch friends tell me that while ebikes are ubiquitous and beloved they're speed is becoming a real hazard.
                          I have never tried one, it's nice to get around when the weather is like today.

I just need to be around a lot of trees, they are fabulous this time of year.
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                          X