Revitalizing a tired horse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one more...

the name "capital Ex" just wouldn't stand out to a tourist who is looking to visit Edmonton. It think it would blend in with other generic exhibitions like PNE or the CNE. In fact, when I lived in Toronto, people I spoke to never went to the CNE...or what is known as the "Ex" because it was viewed as boring. I hope that stigma doesn't transfer over from other cities to Cap-ex

Comment

CapEx is unimaginitive. They hit is way better with Ed Fest. This appeasing the other areas by saying Capital is bunk - it's Edmonton....
      My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
        CapEx is unimaginitive. They hit is way better with Ed Fest. This appeasing the other areas by saying Capital is bunk - it's Edmonton....
        How about Cap Fest then? Ed Fest could then remain the concert portion thereof and the link between the two festivals is much less tenuous.

Comment

It might get nicknamed "crap fest." Too easy to make fun of!

Comment

Originally posted by amanzano
            sure "capital ex" isn't the worst name out there. Problem is, it's sort of the garden variety generic name you can come up with in your sleep.
            And who says that this approach can't work? Sometimes the best ideas are just that, simple and generic.

Comment

/\ speaking from the POV of a guy who goes into an ice cream store and orders vanilla, I can appreciate the premise. However, for the name of our major festival, nope.
              My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Well, I happen to think the name is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS
                  /\ speaking from the POV of a guy who goes into an ice cream store and orders vanilla, I can appreciate the premise. However, for the name of our major festival, nope.
                  It used to be called the Edmonton Exhibition because that's what it was. Edmonton was, and still is, the agrarian centre for the region. The roots of this fair (I make the distinction from festival) are all about exhibits, primarily Alberta made or grown. The Klondike thing didn't fit because it was never about the gold rush (or what puny version of that we had here). Calgary ranches, we farm. The midway, entertainmnet and exhibits all scream country fair. I like the Edmonton name and a description of content - if not Exhibition, why not Fair?

Comment

Working...
                  X