C2E - Service Recognition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2E - Service Recognition

Is there a store clerk, transit driver, taxi driver, barista, waiter/waitress, etc who needs to be recognized for great service, friendliness and overall making their business a pleasant place to frequent? Post them here.

Who: Donna
    Where: Macs at 99 Ave/104 St
    Why: This youthful Filipino lady always remembers what smokes or lotto tickets you buy after just one visit, and usually greets customers with a humongous smile that lights up the store.

Who: Jimmy
    Where: Mikado at 104 Ave/109 St
    Why: He only looks kinda mean and snarly - in fact he's a helluva nice guy to shoot the ***** with if you're dining at the sushi bar.

Who: Vanessa
    Where: Second Cup at Jasper Ave/112 St
    Why: A raspy-voiced, blue-eyed brunette cutie with a sweet outgoing personality. If you catch her at a quiet time, she's more than willing to regale you with tales from her extensive travel adventures.
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 21-07-2010, 11:31 PM.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Who: Older brown guy that works the counter (sorry, bad with names)
    Where: Shell gas station at 66st and 137ave
    Why: Just a super nice guy. Makes small talk, doesn't try to cram car washes down my throat, and always makes sure I get my Airmiles.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Comment

Macs Milk - older gentleman
      104st/99ave
      Always welcoming and friendly in the morning, afternoon, evening.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Who: Shaggy-haired Asian guy, presumably the son of the original shopkeepers
        Where: Raleigh Grocery at Jasper Ave/105 St
        Why: Another person who remembers what smokes or lotto tickets you buy without fail. The shop's inventory is kinda sparse though.

Who: Brandon
        Where: Wizard's Comics and Collectibles, 109 St at 87 Ave
        Why: He's a very welcoming, helpful guy for the uninitiated customers, is willing to help track down something obscure, and takes the time to geek out with the funny book fanatics. He is the polar opposite of the Comic Shop Guy from The Simpsons.
        “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Who: Danny, @ New Way Pizza..
          Where: 66 st 129 Ave (Next to Macs)
          Why: Danny is a fantastic owner of a great local pizza joint who always gets your order right, and is ALWAYS ready on time... Moreso, as the front man behind the counter, he always has a smile on his face and is willing to chat , despite the fact that he works 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day

Comment

Originally posted by LanceB View Post
            Who: Danny, @ New Way Pizza..
            Where: 66 st 129 Ave (Next to Macs)
            Why: Danny is a fantastic owner of a great local pizza joint who always gets your order right, and is ALWAYS ready on time... Moreso, as the front man behind the counter, he always has a smile on his face and is willing to chat , despite the fact that he works 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day

What a blast from the past.

Top_Dawg remembers when Danny used to manage Hawkeye's Too restaurant downtown about ten year ago.

Or mismanage would be a better term.

At least the guy had a sense of humour.

Top_Dawg called him the best magician on Jasper Avenue.

Only bartender in town who always got thirty shots out of a 26.

Comment

Who: old Asian guy
              Where: convenience store inside EPCOR building (Jasper Ave east of 101 St)
              Why: Last night on my way to Moriarity's I stopped by this place to purchase cigarettes. The store was already closed but the lights were still on. The guy saw me, opened the door, and conducted our transaction with a cheerful and friendly disposition.

Who: Dave
              Where: Subaru City (111 Ave and 178 St)
              Why: Bought my current car from there a few years ago, and found Dave to be an all-cards-on-the-table straight shooter (a rarity among car salesmen). He was a factor in my decision to purchase. I was there recently to get my car serviced, and he came over to ask me if I was still happy with my vehicle purchase and if there were any issues with it (another rare salesman trait because usually they develop amnesia upon completion of the car purchase).
              Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 31-07-2010, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Who: Kelly
                Where: World Health Club, Jasper Ave and 103 St
                Why: Unlike the prior sourpusses who manned the reception desk, Kelly greets everyone with a gorgeous smile and friendly playful banter (not to mention an ever-changing hair color).

Comment

Another classy thread - Keep it going...
                  If the risk is little, the reward is little.

Comment

Who: The folks at...
                    Where: Auto Details
                    Why: I've primarily dealt with the short guy who has a passing resemblance to Alfred E Neuman (Bob?) and the receptionist (hot blonde - I assume this is Brooke). Fantastic people to deal with. Besides doing great work, you can tell that the folks in the shop love working there - the staff bios on their website indicates a fun work environment.

Who: Australian woman (Wendy?) - been working there for years, likely since it first opened.
                    Where: London Drugs in Oliver Square
                    Why: Very friendly and chatty lady who serves customers with a smile and wink.

Comment

Who: Gary, Ashley, Kofi, etc
                      Where: Western RV in Leduc/Nisku
                      Why: I bought an RV on the Tuesday after the long weekend and mentioned that I'd prefer to have it before the upcoming weekend. They stayed late to finish the paperwork, checked out my towing vehicle and informed me that I'd have issues unless I did a few key upgrades, gave me the names of some people who could do those upgrades on short notice, made sure I was comfortable pulling the trailer and went through every single little detail before handing me the keys. Even threw in a few extras because they are generally the things people forget about. It all made for a very smooth first camping trip, and a very pleasant purchase.

Just loved the service and would recommend this dealership to anybody looking for an RV. Ask for Gary. Super nice guy.

Comment

Who: The folks at...
                        Where: Golden Oak Cigars (101 St/Jasper Ave)
                        Why: There's an older bespectacled Indian fellow who works the mornings, an attractive Filipino chick in the afternoons. Both are quite friendly, especially once they recognize you as a regular customer. Really cheap smokes ($11.29 for a 25 pack), therefore I sometimes feel sorry for them because of the sketchy clientele they tend to attract.

Comment

Great Thread!

Who Ted
                          Where Universal Barber Whyte Ave 101 St
                          Why Been getting my haircut by Ted for 12 years now. Great prices and better conversation. He's an honest guy that knows how to treat his customers and because of this I always look forward to getting my haircut.
                          Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

Comment

Who: All the Zamboni drivers
                            Where All city arenas
                            Why They help make minor hockey week run smoothly keeping up with tight time lines. ALl the buildings are clean and the operators are freindly.
                            I post, therefore I am!

Comment

It's been years since this thread was last updated. Time for some new service recognitions.

Who: the staff
                              Where: World Health Club at City Centre Mall
                              Why: From the front desk to the personal trainers to the managers, you are treated like family

Who: Joanne
                              Where: Save-On Foods, Jasper Ave and 109 St
                              Why: She's likely been there since this Save-On first opened, but after all these years she is still a true professional at the grocery till

Who: the staff
                              Where: Second Cup, Oliver Square
                              Why: A couple of the ladies already know what I'm ordering, and the baristas even bring my coffee to my table

Who: Brett
                              Where: On The Rocks
                              Why: Even when it's insanely busy, this bartender still greets me with some whacky handshakes and a wry smile before mixing drinks with an energetic flare.

Who:

Where: Your Mobile, just west of Pub 1905
                              Why: He has fixed my smartphone without any extra charges. He's a bit erratic when it comes to keeping the shop open but hopefully that will change for the better

Comment

Working...
                              X