RHW Lights. Yes! Changes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MylesC
    There's a crew out tonight doing more trees! Yes!!!

Surprisingly it isn't a City crew, either...

However, I think they city will have to do some work because some of the circuit banks look like they're down. The trees just south of the Kelsey/Ramsay have been off for a few days
    With regard to the tree lights, we (The City) are in the process of upgrading Rice Howard Way and this may be some of your observations.

It seems some folks feel the lights are not warranted and unplug them or cut the cords. We have started to rewire the trees by the Kelley Ramsay Block, moving the outlets higher into the crown of the larger trees (can't do it with the smaller ones just yet) in order to remove the temptation. The actual light strings are also being switched to LED strings as they consume less power and the bulbs are not as vulnerable to vandalism. We are doing sections of RHW as funding and crews are available (both City and contractors). We are also replacing some street furniture.

I'm not sure about the Molson Plaza lights. I'll copy this to the maintenance supervisors.

Comment

Originally posted by Citysource
      I'm not sure about the Molson Plaza lights. I'll copy this to the maintenance supervisors.
      Aha! I knew that the plaza behind the Milner was called Molson Plaza! When I mentioned this at a meeting, everyone laughed at me.
      “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Citysource

It seems some folks feel the lights are not warranted and unplug them or cut the cords.
        that's just pathetic...
        My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Working...
        X