Princess Theatre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princess Theatre

I went to this amazing theatre on Whyte recently and I gotta say - I loved it. The interiors were very vintage and cool and the staff was very helpful. The prices were amazing for the quality for sure. It had a nice cozy feel and the concession was cheap. One theatre has balcony seating and there is also a underground one. I recommend this theatre for anyone wanting a nice night with unqiue films : ).
    ----

I haven't gone yet..but I went to Garneau. Great cinema, just wish these dudes would get a website worth looking at.

Comment

garneau is amazing too but i like the cozyness of princess .
      ----

Comment

The Princess is aptly named, imo...

Comment

i am a big princess/II and Garneau fan... most movies i attend are seen there.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

So The Princess is no longer operated by Magic Lantern. Plaza Entertainment has taken over (I understand they own the actual building?). We'll see if this results in any changes in operation.
            Also, rumour has it the building is in rough shape and needs substantial investment. Anyone in the know?

Comment

^ that doesn't sound good.

Comment

This is truly a gem in this city and all of us need to ensure it is never lost. I am a regular visitor and absolutely love sitting up top watching a flick with a pre-meal on whyte.

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

Originally posted by IanO View Post
                  This is truly a gem in this city and all of us need to ensure it is never lost. I am a regular visitor and absolutely love sitting up top watching a flick with a pre-meal on whyte.
                  Yeah, Balcony rocks. That way you get a nice view of the theater. None other like it in Alberta afaik.

Agreed that we can't lose this one. Strathcona can't lose this one. This Theater for many IS the quintessential ground zero of Old Strathcona.

With they still had it as a repertory theater though ala what Garneau is more like now. I liked that format better as it would result in going there more times.
                  "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

For whatever reason, Rebel News Network has filed a statement of claim for 250k against the Princess ("Historic Princess Theatres Inc.") and 11 other defendants. No idea about the back story.

Comment

The Rebel had an event cancelled at the Princess Theatre.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...-amid-backlash
                      Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

So it's a nuisance lawsuit. Hopefully the courts slap Levant down and he has to pay costs. What a little prick he is.

Comment

"Your private, non-governmental business didn't give us our given right to promote hate! "

"We love the free market, unless it inconveniences us!"

Comment

Yes - May be at odds with the right-wing’s seemingly frequent views on the right to provide a service or not to provide a service if someone doesn’t agree on religious or moral grounds or some other belief system.

However, the left-wing also seems to want to reserve the right to serve or not serve based on their moral or other beliefs as to whether some person or entity reflects or promotes hate in some form.

Goes full circle.
                            Last edited by KC; 22-11-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

So you're advocating for the tolerance of the intolerant?

https://xkcd.com/1357/

(American, but gets the point across)
                              Last edited by noodle; 22-11-2019, 02:53 PM.
                              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Working...
                              X