Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social disorder, graffiti, construction issues working against city's image, councillors told

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post
    Originally posted by noodle View Post
    Yep.

They squeezed the disenfranchised out of Downtown & into the valley camps, then cleared out the camps, pushing them into Oliver.
    isn't the real issue the fact they are "disenfranchised" in the first place, not whether they're downtown or in river valley camps or in oliver?

No.

Downtown and the river valley deserve it.

The residents of Oliver do not.

Their moral superiority and high-grade caste preclude them from having this denizen within their milieu.

Comment

• Maybe helping to solve this problem is something the CRL could be used for?

Nah, who am I kidding.

Comment

• Disgusting, disgraceful, disrespectful.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1780947

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Comment

• Originally posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Yeah, Top_Dawg saw that.

This is exploding all over Oliver.
          Oliver twists. Going to the dickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
            It is a shame to see people living like this. I cannot imagine for any of them, that this was their goal, to end up living on the streets like that. It's not unique to Edmonton, Canada or North America
            It's terrible. Where are they supposed to go, when they break up a tent city?

God, when I look at the waste the COE spends, putting things down, pulling them up, discover jasper avenue etc, it could of gone to these people
            Maybe this should be, in the thread, a downtown for everyone ( but not the homeless)
            Last edited by H.L.; 17-09-2019, 01:12 PM.
            Animals are my passion.

Comment

• I got my car washed inside and out yesterday, and the lady at the counter told me that they are now getting numerous customers every day telling them that their cars were recently broken into. Houses and garages on my street have been getting more break-ins as well. We need more law enforcement.This city is becoming awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                I got my car washed inside and out yesterday, and the lady at the counter told me that they are now getting numerous customers every day telling them that their cars were recently broken into. Houses and garages on my street have been getting more break-ins as well. We need more law enforcement.This city is becoming awful.
                Not exactly a reliable source to justify more tax and spend.

Nonetheless maybe there’s a need for more drug money driving the trend if it exists. So we need less demand for drugs and/or more jobs. There’s loads of people addicted to alcohol but they hold down jobs and so don’t need to commit crimes to feed the addiction.
                Last edited by KC; 03-10-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X