No announcement yet.

Civic incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, Top_Dawg drove through there early last week.

The traffic clusterf*ck and the confusion it caused was pretty funny.

Top_Dawg has been detouring the area ever since.

Are they done with that sh*t show yet ?

Comment

• Did not know where else to post this, the message boards in the LRT stations had some big spelling mistakes, no pic but something like "Porblems due to extream cold ". Come on, I expect more from our CoE/ ETS professionals.
      I know spelling mistakes happen, but you would think that this would be checked.

Comment

• Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
        Did not know where else to post this, the message boards in the LRT stations had some big spelling mistakes, no pic but something like "Porblems due to extream cold ". Come on, I expect more from our CoE/ ETS professionals.
        I know spelling mistakes happen, but you would think that this would be checked.
        Extreme cold has nothing to do with lousy spelling. Yes, you are right you would think this would be checked but sadly the art of proper spelling disappeared years ago.
        If at first you don't succeed,sky diving may not be the sport for you.

Comment

• I take it for exactly what it looks like, a lack of care and attention to detail and probably a sign of incompetence. I am not sure exactly what the problems are at ETS these days, but this seems to be consistent with how they operate both on cold and not cold days.

Comment

• "Cracks found on the Low Level Bridge force lane closures, frustrate commuters

The city says they have closed down the northbound lane on the Low Level Bridge because of safety reasons. As Rachelle Elsiufi reports it has some frustrated over added time to their commute
            ."

https://edmonton.citynews.ca/video/2...ate-commuters/

i was going to post this in the thread that described the condition of the low-level bridge as "pristine" but i can't readily locate it so this one will have to do.
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

• ^ The guy at the end said one lane was shut to help lessen the load on the bridge. Not entirely sure the city can do much more than this ( one this specific occasion ). Hopefully the CofE is using this time effectively while waiting for the weather to warm up, eg, ensuring supplies are on-site, contracts ready to go - and verified, ensuring labour, materials and other pre-lim work can take place

Comment

• Never liked the low level. Not to the level of dislike for the old Walterdale bridge, but close. Rather than "fix it up", I'd rather they replace it with a wider and another iconic bridge like the Walterdale.

Comment

Working...
                X