Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by noodle View Post
    Originally posted by Replacement View Post
    The question is more why people are attracted to that nature of conceit enough to vote for it.
    For many, it's not the attraction to the Liberals, it's the repulsion from other parties.
    Of course the reason for the votes is an unknown. Voters being required to check off the ballot, not to answer why.

Heres some possible subconscious factors that may elicit Trudeau votes.

-Name recognition

-Canada's Camelot

-Charisma

-Colgate smiling and preening

-Constant displays of physical health.

-Youthful vigor

-Ample use of photo ops

Trudeau uses visual imagery and presentation quite well. He is gifted with oratory. He has a kind and measured voice and a cadence that is effective. He's less good when he goes off script. He's a good attractive figurehead.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• A vote for the Liberal Party does not necessarily mean an endorsement of JT personally outside of his own riding (and even then it's not 1:1).
      Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

A vote for the Liberal Party does not necessarily mean an endorsement of JT personally outside of his own riding (and even then it's not 1:1).
        Except that Trudeau and the liberals are coining such things as sunny days, better, way, moving forward and that the way they are conducting political campaigns is brand based. Prior to Trudeau the liberal brand had struggled. They seem to be utilizing Trudeau as a figurehead to run up the poll. Pun intended.

I think a pretty clear correlation can be drawn between Trudeau as liberal leader, and the Liberal turn around.

In anycase federal elections are increasingly populist oriented and which is a disturbing trend that harms democracy again. No matter where it is located on the political spectrum.

Factorial analysis could reveal how much the presence or absence of a polarizing leader leads to election, or losses of respective riding candidates. Indeed "riding the wave" is almost always the story in present day politics.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• Originally posted by Replacement View Post
          Originally posted by noodle View Post
          Originally posted by Replacement View Post
          The question is more why people are attracted to that nature of conceit enough to vote for it.
          For many, it's not the attraction to the Liberals, it's the repulsion from other parties.
          Of course the reason for the votes is an unknown. Voters being required to check off the ballot, not to answer why.

Heres some possible subconscious factors that may elicit Trudeau votes.

-Name recognition

-Canada's Camelot

-Charisma

-Colgate smiling and preening

-Constant displays of physical health.

-Youthful vigor

-Ample use of photo ops

Trudeau uses visual imagery and presentation quite well. He is gifted with oratory. He has a kind and measured voice and a cadence that is effective. He's less good when he goes off script. He's a good attractive figurehead.
          He is so bloody dramatic, it's embarrassing ..off script?

What do you and your family do to cut back on plastics?”Trudeau was asked.

"We uh, we have uh recently switched to drinking water bottles out of uh, water out of uh, when we have water bottles out of uh plastic, sorry, away from plastic towards paper umm, like drink box water bottles sort of things,” Trudeau said.”

Yes, off script he is even worse, but some people, like sheep, follow his bullcrap
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by H.L. View Post
            Yes, off script he is even worse, but some people, like sheep, follow his bullcrap
            If being a consistent Liberal supporter = sheep then being a consistent conservative supporter = sheep.

So you're a sheep.
            Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

A vote for the Liberal Party does not necessarily mean an endorsement of JT personally outside of his own riding (and even then it's not 1:1).
              The words of an apologist. Or is that the new Liberal Party line. So same applies/applied to Kenney and all others? (I would think so unless one was more dictatorial, controlling.)
              Last edited by KC; 30-09-2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                The words of an apologist. Or is that the new Liberal Party line.
                Are you saying we should just vote solely on the leadership & not the substance of the platform? What exactly do you find so objectionable in my statement?

(I'm cutting out your false equivalency between a leader who's accidentally stepped in it far more times than he should have versus a leader who's intentionally gone out of his way to reduce the rights of others. There's no comparison.)

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                  The words of an apologist. Or is that the new Liberal Party line.
                  Are you saying we should just vote solely on the leadership & not the substance of the platform? What exactly do you find so objectionable in my statement?

(I'm cutting out your false equivalency between a leader who's accidentally stepped in it far more times than he should have versus a leader who's intentionally gone out of his way to reduce the rights of others. There's no comparison.)
                  Nope. I’m not saying that. And calling everything a false equivalency (or an equivalency for that matter) doesn’t make it so.

However, many of those people who haven’t cut any slack to their perceived enemies (for old opinions and actions) are now having to find excuses to justify their staying with the party they favour or at least not condemning it as they condemn the parties of those they hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                    However, many of those people who haven’t cut any slack to their perceived enemies (for old opinions and actions) are now having to find excuses to justify their staying with the party they favour or at least not condemning it as they condemn the parties of those they hate.
                    I'm not voting conservative for the same reason I've never voted conservative & the conservative parties seem okay with that as they keep putting out less palatable platforms every election, especially now that the social conservatives & fiscal conservatives are all under the same roof (Bernier's nutter party excepted). Now that the "Lake of fire" and "poor people are just lazy" are intermingled the platform seems to be a mishmash of whatever is most regressive between the two groups.

Also, Kenney has never apologized for his actions & was exceedingly proud of fighting against other's human rights & winning. Why would I vote for an unapologetic, prideful, hateful bigot?

Comment

Working...
                    X