No announcement yet.

Snow and the city Streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just found that the reduced use of sand left no where to go at icy intersections. In the past, I’d just move off the ice towards the sand that had the 8-11 passes had moved off the beaten path, and I’d quickly stop. Without that sand I found I was skidding on ice far more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
      Mandatory winter tires reduce accidents. Period.

X-ref to already existing threads on this and near this subject:
      Winter tires, Mandatory winter tires, studded tires, sand...

Studded Tires vs Sand & Salt
      http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...-Sand-amp-Salt

Mandatory winter tires in Alberta--good idea?
      http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...erta-good-idea

Winter tires, ftw!
      http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...nter-tires-ftw!
      Last edited by KC; 15-10-2019, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Icy, I mean, I see - blading after a snowfall inevitably means first roads, then intersections for days on end, skating rinks. What winter tires should pedestrians use?
        ... gobsmacked

Comment

• Everyone should be forced to ride bicycles for the entire winter after the first snowfall.

Comment

• Originally posted by McBoo View Post
            What winter tires should pedestrians use?
            I keep ice cleats in my bag all winter long.
            Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Man From YEG View Post
              Everyone should be forced to ride bicycles for the entire winter after the first snowfall.

<meme gif 'show us where on this doll the bike lanes hurt you' >
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• The fat tiresome bikes, aren't that easy, or so I'm told.
                But I love my winter tires, they should be mandatory ( jmho)
                Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Fatbikes aren't that bad, but you don't need them to commute to/from work in the winter.
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

• What about the clean bike lanes being at risk? The horror......

Comment

• studded tires would be better. Fatbike tires are only really useful in powder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                        What about the clean bike lanes being at risk? The horror......
                        Speaking of horrors, review this thread.... If a single snowflake hits the roads, half the posters in this thread are ready to murder iveson

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                          What about the clean bike lanes being at risk? The horror......
                          Well they get the calcium chloride, omg what if they rust. Bike's for everyone Donny is paying!
                          Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcantor View Post
                            as for all those who now want to frame the ongoing use of calcium chloride as a "safety issue", why aren't they lobbying instead for the mandatory use of snow tires?

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...s-winter-looms
                            Because people would then start screaming about the "nanny state".

The city doing something is one thing. The province mandating people do something is quite another. Perhaps insurance companies should be the ones that make it a requirement. No snow tires = no insurance coverage. Put people on the hook personally.

I've got snow tires and I just hope to stay out of the path of those that don't.

Comment

Working...
                            X