X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weather Thread

it's snowing again...
    you missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.

It's not even really snow, it's like...little snowballs.
    Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

it was like that yesterday at WEM too. I thought it was hail at first.

Comment

^There was hail yesterday too.

Comment

grumble...snort.....grrrrrr....
          My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Originally posted by RichardS View Post
            grumble...snort.....grrrrrr....
            welcome to winter 2009 - only 241 shopping days left until christmas...
            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

at least the weather network is telling me that next sunday its going to be +22... though I'm sure that will be changed in a few days to a high of +3 and a 60% chance of snow

Comment

I actually like all the moisture - it'll help "green" things up sooner.

It is a bit too chilly from what I would like to see, though. I think if it was 10-15 degrees C it would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by MrOilers View Post
                  I actually like all the moisture - it'll help "green" things up sooner.
                  Not when the city starts putting more sand down, it won't... I don't normally like to write this having grown up with too much of the stuff, but we need rain, and lots of it.

Comment

They better not......This is not accumulating.
                    My hope is that you can finally get rid of the anger in your heart, and fill it with peace, compassion, understanding, and a desire to uplift rather than suppress.

After all, we are all together on this home, this pale blue dot, the "only home we've ever known.”

Comment

Originally posted by moahunter View Post
                      Not when the city starts putting more sand down, it won't...
                      Ha ha. They better not be doing that right now!

Comment

Originally posted by RTA View Post
                        It's called gropple.

gropple
                        A weather term, referring to a light, hail-like snow.
                        The forecast is calling for rain changing over to gropple, with sleet and hail mixed in.
                        Noah's ark was built by volunteers...... The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

There are lots of types:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow#Types_of_snow

I remember learning a bit about the many Inuit names in the great Danish novel "Smillas Sense of Snow".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smilla's_Sense_of_Snow

Comment

Now with the bright sun blaring down while fluffy snow is still falling (!) there is a lot of steam emanating off of the streets and rooftops.

It all looks pretty bizarre out my window right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry N View Post
                              Originally posted by RTA View Post
                              It's called gropple.

gropple
                              A weather term, referring to a light, hail-like snow.
                              The forecast is calling for rain changing over to gropple, with sleet and hail mixed in.
                              I didn't know this word existed just 1 minute ago, and I already love it. We should invent a drink based on this name, something made in Edmonton and appropriate to the name. Suggestions?
                              Strathcona City Separatist

Comment

Working...
                              X