Avoid walterdale bridge!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid walterdale bridge!!!!!!

Its most likely too late for anyone seeing this now but its a complete **** show with these pipeline / envro / what are we gonna protest today people are blocking the bridge the swat team needs to be down there and get them off the bridge

Its ridiculous. This protest was known, planned, and why its being allowed on a one way egress, that would result in anybody on Q.E, not being able to go anywhere once they hit that quagmire is anybodies business. This should NOT be permitted as its blocking any way out of the whole area once people are in that area.

So tons of people will miss work this morning because a few protestors that think work or industry of any kind is a bad thing have spent their time mobilizing this disruption.

I heard about this on the Early morning news cast on Global.

I resist the description of this as "Peaceful protest" Its being anything but that, at the moment with people trying to go to work being prevented from earning their livelihood on a Monday morning. From reports tempers are getting very hot, very quickly.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/peaceful...idge-1.4627078

To me a peaceful protest that is not harming others would involve carrying placards on either side of the street. Not blocking the main one way route into the DT. This is pretty demobilizing, which is quite clearly the intent, which shouldn't be permitted.

What would they do in Vancouver if a few people with nothing else to do completely shutdown Lions Gate bridge during Monday Rush hour? In an urban environment bridges are a necessity. Taking them over is a para militant action, it isn't peaceful.

Further, the function of Police is to enforce law and order, for the safety of residents. Instead of blocking drivers, and enabling this militant protest action perhaps they could just shut it down? What does this kind of action, or should I say inaction, do to goodwill police relations with people that pay their salary?

I wasn't aware that one function of EPS is to not only condone, but prop up Civil disobedience, which is the purposeful stated intent of "Extinction Rebellion Canada"
    Last edited by Replacement; 07-10-2019, 06:25 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

This is as dumb as those convoys yesterday. The right to protest and gather peacefully does not include blocking roadways, railways, and impeding others way of life.

Plus, blocking the main entrance to downtown causing people to idling for a lot longer in the names of climate change? good lord the irony on that.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

https://globalnews.ca/news/5991591/c...bridge-monday/

They're shutting down Burrard in Vancouver. Not quite Lions Gate, but still...
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Exactly. They had their 30 min of fame, made a point. Now it's time to get off the bridge. Choking off a main road going into downtown from the Southside is going to cause chaos. Who is liable if an accident happens or emergency vehicles cannot get through ? The protestors or the police for not getting them out of the way ? Think of all the emissions that they are causing ! Yes, people have a right to protest, however, it must be done with due consideration.

Comment

On the flip side, all you old gits get your dose of High Dudgeon for the day.
            I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
              Its ridiculous. This protest was known, planned
              Im sorry known to who this is the first i have heard of this or anyone for that matter are on some envro protester dark web ******** site ???

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                https://globalnews.ca/news/5991591/c...bridge-monday/

They're shutting down Burrard in Vancouver. Not quite Lions Gate, but still...
                That's gotta be going well..

One of the reddit comments describes reaction to this "peaceful protest" pretty accurately that "this will hit Monday morning rush hour commuters anticipating a week of work at their Least likely time to self regulate"

Indeed the intent of this is sheer provocation. Its stated Civil disobedience. Being supported and enabled by police forces.

I wouldn't entirely compare this to the Henday convoys as they were not blocking all lanes, they were allowing through traffic, just that traffic was delayed. Not saying I approved of that action either, I don't just that this is a complete blockade and on a one way bridge in which there is no other way out. If theres any medical emergency out there this AM how is that person supposed to get medical assistance?

While EPS reported that they have blocked and diverted all traffic at the hills this is absolutely false. Queen E hill is full of cars idling, burning fuel, with no way out.
                Last edited by Replacement; 07-10-2019, 06:43 AM.
                "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

There was a story out from the Canadian Press that was picked up by the CBC & others on Thursday or Friday.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...nday-1.5307571
                  Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                    Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                    Its ridiculous. This protest was known, planned
                    Im sorry known to who this is the first i have heard of this or anyone for that matter are on some envro protester dark web ******** site ???
                    You missed my point. It was known to all authorities, and published, that this was going to occur effective 7am, Monday Morning. I'm not saying that to say that drivers should have avoided the area or should have all known. No emergency alerts were issued. I'm saying that this was known and so that police should have been there to evacuate disperse the protestors as soon as they arrived.

We don't have to allow this willfully civil disobedient action that has chosen the most disruptive means possible. Keeping the peace probably does not coincide with allowing this willful disturbance of peace to occur.

Comment

"Can't these people protest in a way that's more convenient for me?"

Comment

Just listen to the news, they said their goal is to get arrested. ok, let's arrest them and we're done.

Let me correct that for you"Can't these people protest in a way that's safer?"

Again, just think of all the emissions

Comment

so um looking at that link you posted noodle when the **** did we become any of these citys

Extinction Rebellion aims to disrupt traffic in Halifax, Toronto and Vancouver on Oct. 7

Extinction Rebellion's targets include the Angus L. Macdonald Bridge in Halifax, the Burrard Street Bridge in Vancouver and the Prince Edward Viaduct in Toronto.

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                            "Can't these people protest in a way that's more convenient for me?"
                            I don't have a horse in this race. I don't drive and I'm increasingly in semi-retirement.

Peaceful protest does not take specific action of willful disobedience that directly prevents and prohibits others actions and freedom and inflicts harm on others.

In effect they are detaining thousands of law abiding motorists this morning, If one wants to look at it from that pov.

I'm merely advocating. This specific bridge, a one way bridge, with feeder roads that lead ONLY to this bridge is more than an inconvenience. Its willful entrapment. If somebody suffers a heartattack or stroke on Queen E and can't get help was this an "inconvenience".

I fully respect your message and quote, I don't believe that it applies in this instance.

Comment

Looks like the are getting traffic to go up
                              Queen Elizabeth Park Rd

Comment

Working...
                              X