Avoid walterdale bridge!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Did they apply and were they granted a permit?

There is a process to protest.
    Let’s protest that!

I wonder how these environmentalists would do if the road to the airport were to be blocked when the massive junkets occur to various anti-pollution conferences and accord signings. Thousands or even tens of thousands of attendees missing their flights to Paris, Kyoto etc.*

Note that with terrorists and terrorism, they often, most often it seems, don’t attack the authorities that are at the centre of their disputes and hatred but instead they blow up, shoot or run down relatively innocent bystanders in restaurants, hotels, buses, sidewalks, etc. The leaders and coordinators of course don’t risk their own lives they find fools to do the dirty work, to be the suicide bombers, etc. And when the mayhem must stop they negotiate - with those authorities - for immunity for themselves.

So in my mind peaceful protest is standing in front of the legislature, maybe marching down a street. Always respectful and minimizing the impact on innocent bystanders.

When protest is aimed at disruption of innocent bystanders lives it’s on that slippery slope towards violent protest. Which we all know does bring about change as compared to peaceful protest where the authorities mostly just ignore it.

* again, my dream is the old giving of people a taste of their own medicine dream as in spray painting graffiti on a graffiti artist’s shirt to see if they positively embrace me and my spray can, or they flip out, get angry at my vandalism/art of their property.
    Last edited by KC; 09-10-2019, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
      Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
      Time to fire the poilce chief as well mother ****** defended the protest morons
      I detest EPS as much as the next guy but we are blessed to live in Canada where you have the Charter Right to peaceful assembly.

The EPS did their job this time around.

If you want SWAT Team or people shot dead for protesting then you are a fascist.

Was the protesters actions hypocritical & ironic? Sure. You can disagree with a protesters positions. You cannot disagree with the right to protest.
      You right to gather peacefully and protest ends when you start violating others rights. The right to protest and gather peacefully does not include blocking or impeding roadways, railways, etc. I said the same thing about the convoys, and I'm saying the same thing here. Your 'peaceful' protest did only harm to your cause by pissing off the people you want to support you.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/can-prot...says-1.4629594

"In Canada, all people have the right to gather peacefully. There are however limitations to peaceful assemblies contained in various sections of the criminal code," said McFee.The Charter of Rights and Freedoms does state that all Canadians have the freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of expression, with limits.
        However, a spokesperson for the Canadian Civil Liberties Association says it all comes down to whether those limits are reasonable.
        'Protests, to be effective, have to be disruptive'
        "Courts have said generally that unless what they call a breach of the peace is taking place during a protests, which usually would involve some level of violence, that there should be the right to protest," said Cara Zwibel, director of the CCLA's Fundamental Freedoms Program.
        According to the Criminal Code of Canada, a protest can turn unlawful if it "disturbs the peace tumultuously" or provokes others to disturb the peace.
        Since the Edmonton protest did not engage or provoke violence, Zwibel said it's just part of living in a democratic country.
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

I didn't know the protesters, arrived in a fossil fueled vehicle, how bloody ironic.
          Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
            I didn't know the protesters, arrived in a fossil fueled vehicle, how bloody ironic.
            Addicts all - but some are trying to break their habit?

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
              Originally posted by H.L. View Post
              Addicts all - but some are trying to break their habit?

You don't protest fossil fuel, by driving something that needs it.. I'm just afraid that things will get violent
              Animals are my passion.

Comment

there was lots of irony in yesterday's protest... blocking traffic, forcing people to idle their fossil fuel burning cars for a better part of the morning.... not to mention arriving by co2 releasing vehicles... with iphones and all the latest tech gear....

I'd have a lot more support for them if they represented the change they want everyone to be.
                A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Thread was good for a laugh.
                  Summary for what is allowed to Protesting Climate Change = eating food I killed and picked myself, wearing clothing I skinned myself with tools I made myself, living in a home I built myself off the grid and not having any access to technology, and protesting where I won't be able to bother anyone.
                  Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Comment

Being the change you are standing out and blocking traffic for? Good lord lots of irony.

And lets face it. I'm all for fixing the climate, but until we start holding corporations across this country and across the globe accountable for the pollution they are causing, we as individual citizens won't make a difference.

How to make corporations feel the need to change besides making new laws? STOP BUYING THE PRODUCTS!!!! When shareholder profits drop, change will ensue.

stop protesting for change. Be the Change. Be the Example. Lead the way. Don't tell me what to do while you are doing the same thing I am.

One farmer produces more plastic waste wrapping up his produce than most families would in a full year. Look at all those bales out there currently, each bale wrapped and wrapped in white plastics.... just so it can be transported, and then the plastic is DISPOSED of... in to the landfills.
                    Last edited by Medwards; 09-10-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Finally, the people pushed back ..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ning-Town.html

Just like the protestors have a right to protest, the commuters have a right to earn a living. Simply pull them off, no violence needed.

Comment

• There's a lot of pent up rage in the UK at present. Doesn't take much to reach a flashpoint.
                        Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

• Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
                          Finally, the people pushed back ..

Just like the protestors have a right to protest, the commuters have a right to earn a living. Simply pull them off, no violence needed.
                          Hitting mass transit users. I guess they should be biking to work. Or maybe that’s not good enough. It’s walk or nothing. Save the planet!

Seems attaining social license is as elusive as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by howie View Post
                            There's a lot of pent up rage in the UK at present. Doesn't take much to reach a flashpoint.
                            Especially when they have a job to go to, not a good idea to hold up their commute!
                            Animals are my passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC View Post
                              Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
                              Finally, the people pushed back ..

Hitting mass transit users. I guess they should be biking to work. Or maybe that’s not good enough. It’s walk or nothing. Save the planet!

Seems attaining social license is as elusive as ever.
                              Absolutely ridiculous that they hit the public transit trains. What on Earth?

Wheres the logic in that?

Ironic as well that the protest was holding back transit busses too.

isn't that the desired ecologically expedient mode?

Are these protests just anarchy with an ecological flag?

Leave it to brits to not take it and just shut it down.
                              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

• I think they are just trying to create problems regardless of the consequences.
                                LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X