No announcement yet.

Avoid walterdale bridge!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing the traffic tide up like that, wow, that was awful for those that need to be at work on time, then we have to use resources to get them down from a bridge( I'd of left them) were those cars running? Because that defeats the purpose..lol
    Animals are my passion.

Comment

The protesters were handing out cookies (vegan) so it wasn't all bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SP59 View Post
        The protesters were handing out cookies (vegan) so it wasn't all bad.
        How did they bake the cookies and in what?
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

I didn't read about the logistics of the cookie offering, they may have baked them at home. There were some of the protesters going car-to-car offering cookies and explaining their cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
            Originally posted by Medwards View Post
            No one from the convoys was arrested, why would they arrest anyone on the blockades? Both caused massive disruptions to commute times.
            The convoy wasn't a blockade and at no point were they blocking all traffic and closing all lanes. Traffic was going through at all times. Plus that during the convoy traffic was never trapped as such. They drove on the highway and on Henday. Exits are everwhere to use, no drivers were trapped against their will. No drivers were detained against their will and prevented from getting to work as was the case on Monday.

But as to your other comment yeah, I am somewhat mercurial in nature. I cede that and its fair point.
            The first convoy was not letting traffic through. I stood and watched it from my office windows which face right out on to the Henday SW. Looking at google maps at that time, traffic was $#%$#%$^ from Nisku to Yellowhead. It caused absolute chaos at rush hour. All other detours were congested like never before. It certainly was as bad then as it was on Monday, if not worse, as you're blocking the entire main provincial highway through Edmonton.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

No one from the convoys was arrested, why would they arrest anyone on the blockades? Both caused massive disruptions to commute times.
              The convoy wasn't a blockade and at no point were they blocking all traffic and closing all lanes. Traffic was going through at all times. Plus that during the convoy traffic was never trapped as such. They drove on the highway and on Henday. Exits are everwhere to use, no drivers were trapped against their will. No drivers were detained against their will and prevented from getting to work as was the case on Monday.

But as to your other comment yeah, I am somewhat mercurial in nature. I cede that and its fair point.
              The first convoy was not letting traffic through. I stood and watched it from my office windows which face right out on to the Henday SW. Looking at google maps at that time, traffic was $#%$#%$^ from Nisku to Yellowhead. It caused absolute chaos at rush hour. All other detours were congested like never before. It certainly was as bad then as it was on Monday, if not worse, as you're blocking the entire main provincial highway through Edmonton.
              I was still driving, at that time, and when I was on there backlog occurred. But I was able to pass through lanes that were left open. But being that you state that complete blockage occurred then I do think arrests ought to have occurred in that instance. Its fair point that the degree of congestion was off the charts with the convoy.

Thanks for the information.
              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

I didn't read about the logistics of the cookie offering, they may have baked them at home. There were some of the protesters going car-to-car offering cookies and explaining their cause.
                Me: "Gluten offerings, you're offering me Vegan Gluten cookies as a peace offering to a celiac. **** on that.."
                "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

I was still driving, at that time, and when I was on there backlog occurred. But I was able to pass through lanes that were left open. But being that you state that complete blockage occurred then I do think arrests ought to have occurred in that instance. Its fair point that the degree of congestion was off the charts with the convoy.

Thanks for the information.

They occupied both lanes of the Henday SW heading heading west then north, driving at under 20 km/h, and didn't let anyone pass, and was probably several hundred deep, so even if a few let you pass, you were stuck in the middle of chaos. It literally took an extra 1.5 - 2 hours to get to your destination if you were caught in that, which from the sounds of it, not much different than the bridge blockade.
                  A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Oh , I was just wondering, if the cookies were baked using solar power..😊
                    Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                      Oh , I was just wondering, if the cookies were baked using solar power..��
                      They were poorly executed and half baked..

OK, just an attempt at humor here. The half baked HAD to come in at some point. I mean c'mon!

Comment

Sometimes you just wish for the days of 'grabbing by the scruff of the neck and a boot up the arse', doncha?
                        Nisi Dominus Frustra

Comment

Convoy = 90% support of Albertans. (the normals)Walt blockade= 10% of Albertans support.(the weirdos)
                          Just enjoying another day in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                            Time to fire the poilce chief as well mother ****** defended the protest morons
                            I detest EPS as much as the next guy but we are blessed to live in Canada where you have the Charter Right to peaceful assembly.

The EPS did their job this time around.

If you want SWAT Team or people shot dead for protesting then you are a fascist.

Was the protesters actions hypocritical & ironic? Sure. You can disagree with a protesters positions. You cannot disagree with the right to protest.
                            youtube.com/BrothersGrim
                            facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

Comment

Originally posted by Komrade View Post
                              Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                              Time to fire the poilce chief as well mother ****** defended the protest morons
                              I detest EPS as much as the next guy but we are blessed to live in Canada where you have the Charter Right to peaceful assembly.

The EPS did their job this time around.

If you want SWAT Team or people shot dead for protesting then you are a fascist.

Was the protesters actions hypocritical & ironic? Sure. You can disagree with a protesters positions. You cannot disagree with the right to protest.
                              If you are late for work, or you have a deadline to meet, I would definitely disagree with their right to protest. They might not have a job, but to hold all these people with their cars running, was bloody ludicrous.
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                                Oh , I was just wondering, if the cookies were baked using solar power..��
                                They were poorly executed and half baked..

OK, just an attempt at humor here. The half baked HAD to come in at some point. I mean c'mon!
                                It did indeed.!
                                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X