X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top ******* kek look at the hypocrisy of these so called protesters

https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/co...ter_hypocrisy/

Comment

Time to fire the poilce chief as well mother ****** defended the protest morons

Comment

Seems to have been a very emotional situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
          you need to get a little bit more worked up and emotional before you post...
          "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
            “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

This event got national media coverage with some of it hopefully showing off our “signature” bridge from some great angles. (I imagine it may be decades before it gets Edmonton in the news again.)

'Very ticked off commuters': Climate protest shuts down Walterdale Bridge during rush hour

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...idge-1.5311465
              Climate change activists dismantle Walterdale #BridgeOut blockade after heated protest

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/us/cl...est/vi-AAIqfMQ

Climate change activists, drivers clash at Walterdale Bridge blockade Monday morning in Edmonton | Globalnews.ca

https://twitter.com/kendraslugoski/s...0%2Fframe.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/5999281/e...erdale-bridge/
              Last edited by KC; 07-10-2019, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I love they wanted to go to jail,and make a big deal out of that, our police handled it well no jail..
                Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by H.L. View Post
                  I love they wanted to go to jail,and make a big deal out of that, our police handled it well no jail..
                  Don't agree at all.

There was no way this needed to be a negotiated truce. The Police had numbers out and had more constables there, then the number of protestors present there. There were 9 on the line there, in the bridge. From reports only another half dozen of the group were present, if that. Compared to every other city that had this bridge protest this was a very small protest gathering. For sure it would be difficult to do anything if there hundreds of these protestors lined up like in Vancouver. But these weren't numbers, and this should have been easily dealt with. The EPS, who are known to be slow acting to nearly anything that arises sure took their time with this. The protestors were blocking the bridge from around 6:50-8:15am. Constables just standing there spending more time confronting the law abiding drivers trying to get to work than the protestors who wanted to be arrested.

We have a far too sympathetic Police Chief imo. But sympathetic to the law breakers and NOT those who pay his salary. Not impressed with that as I'm sure almost any commuting driver yesterday wasn't either.

If this EPS force has to ever deal with a very serious, and bigger protest or rebellion I don't know how they would handle it. Really this looked like a dozen officers that would be uncomfortable effecting takedowns in that situation. Looked like a couple seasoned vets and a bunch of rooks getting their feet wet.

Reminds me of an incident a block away this summer. The police took 7-8hrs to deal with a domestic violence situation involving one man. They had 8 cars within one block, they had others blocking traffic. Bus routes were redirected all day. People couldn't drive home. They talked to the guy for hours. They were fine with taking their sweet time and not having to respond to any other calls that whole day (hmmm). They finally threw a couple buzzbangers through the window, couple smoke bombs, sprayed some pepper spray or something in the house and the guy walks out with his hands up. Something that could have taken place in an hour took a complete shift. But hey, it was evening, time for the cops to wrap up, do some paperwork, go home, and I'm sure they were fine with the day spent responding to one situation, a one man standoff. Up to 16 highly paid officers spent their entire 8hr shift dealing with a one man fairly routine domestic dispute situation. (I even know all the particulars being a neighbor)

I'm sure a lot of people could retell events like this involving our do as little as possible EPS force.

I wouldn't have been saying this 10, 20, 30 yrs ago but our police force has gone in a major soft policing direction. People wanted this direction, one that is careful to respect and be nice in all its dealings. To not be carding, etc. This is soft policing, least intrusive possible, and this is what it looks like.

Many other jurisdictions arrested these protestors. But not here..
                  Last edited by Replacement; 08-10-2019, 06:41 AM.
                  "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

The post-execution costs though are onerous. Filling out reports, internal investigations, time spent in front of the media, the inevitable lawsuits, added protests over police brutality... its a PITA.

Comment

No one from the convoys was arrested, why would they arrest anyone on the blockades? Both caused massive disruptions to commute times.
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                        No one from the convoys was arrested, why would they arrest anyone on the blockades? Both caused massive disruptions to commute times.
                        Well, it seems that replacement feels that if they had the power to do so, they should have used it. (Maybe he has a dark authoritarian-loving side. )

Comment

replacement says a lot of things, but later comes back and revokes his previous statement once he's calmed down and rationalized his thoughts.
                          A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Did they apply and were they granted a permit?

There is a process to protest.
                            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

The convoy wasn't a blockade and at no point were they blocking all traffic and closing all lanes. Traffic was going through at all times. Plus that during the convoy traffic was never trapped as such. They drove on the highway and on Henday. Exits are everwhere to use, no drivers were trapped against their will. No drivers were detained against their will and prevented from getting to work as was the case on Monday.

But as to your other comment yeah, I am somewhat mercurial in nature. I cede that and its fair point.
                              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                                Well, it seems that replacement feels that if they had the power to do so, they should have used it. (Maybe he has a dark authoritarian-loving side. )
                                Most other jurisdictions arrested some of the protestors and ceased the blockade. Its not unreasonable to suggest that around 16 constables on site could adequately deal with 12 or 15 protestors. This was a very small gathering. As I stated it wasn't hundreds of protestors like what was being seen in other cities.

Its even been the topic of humor how few protestors were at this event.

Comment

Working...
                                X