Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoid walterdale bridge!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    At end of protest environmental "Extinction" protestors seen texting on tech devices wearing designer labels drink water out of plastic disposable bottles and not those carton paper thingy type cardboard water bottles Trudeau advocates using...

    nothing like consistency to cause and one's own actions meaning anything.

    Further why would protestors of economic evil and its plight on the planet be wearing labels of any sort. Does No Logo mean nothing to this age cohort of protestors?

    What does conscientious objecting activism mean now a days? " I don't want YOU to support wrongdoing, I can do whatever I please"?

    Thousands of cars were idling for an hour due to this bridge closure.

    Not exactly a climate change or net zero benefit, this protest.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

    Comment


    • #32
      What's the matter with you snowflakes??? Any self righteous Edmontonian owns a Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel 4x4 with a Titanium Bush Rack and Wrangler Mud & Protestor tires.

      Just slam the pedal, crash through the police barricade, tear down the valley and RAM right through the protestors.

      Gotta get to work on time! Don't want to lose your job at Tim Horton's...
      Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by noodle View Post
        Originally posted by Replacement View Post
        This specific action is provoking primarily angry response. As many pundits are saying so far the net reaction to these protests is creating the opposite reaction than is intended. its creating a polarized reaction against these protests, not in favor of them. The cookies aren't working..
        "I was thinking about doing the right thing for the planet, but then those kids made me late for work!"


        Hey, I'm describing the reactions that have occurred. Not that its an entirely logical reaction. But in Monday morning commuter traffic, and you may have noted this at some time, reason doesn't always prevail entirely.

        To wit the driver this AM that tried to stunt drive over the protestors claimed that the protestors harmed him first so he felt entitled to run them over..



        lol that the police didn't arrive from the donut shop until well after the protestors closed the bridge and there were already angry clashes and drivers threw the protestors bikes off the roadway.

        One would think police would be present from the start at a known protest that has incited escalations world over.
        "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

        Comment


        • #34
          "Snowflakes?" What's with you and "Noodle" both using this word lately....you guys team up on Sunday nights and scheme some new strange-off-the-cuff derogatory terms?

          Comment


          • #35
            Snowflake...
            Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Replacement View Post
              At end of protest environmental "Extinction" protestors seen texting on tech devices wearing designer labels drink water out of plastic disposable bottles and not those carton paper thingy type cardboard water bottles Trudeau advocates using...

              nothing like consistency to cause and one's own actions meaning anything.

              Further why would protestors of economic evil and its plight on the planet be wearing labels of any sort. Does No Logo mean nothing to this age cohort of protestors?

              What does conscientious objecting activism mean now a days? " I don't want YOU to support wrongdoing, I can do whatever I please"?

              Thousands of cars were idling for an hour due to this bridge closure.

              Not exactly a climate change or net zero benefit, this protest.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
              Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

              Comment


              • #37
                A*sh*le....

                Comment


                • #38
                  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang)

                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by maclac View Post
                    A*sh*le....
                    Snowflake
                    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by noodle View Post
                      Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                      This specific action is provoking primarily angry response. As many pundits are saying so far the net reaction to these protests is creating the opposite reaction than is intended. its creating a polarized reaction against these protests, not in favor of them. The cookies aren't working..
                      "I was thinking about doing the right thing for the planet, but then those kids made me late for work!"
                      You're right....."kids" indeed. I'm ashamed my kid will grow up in this generation of basement dwelling dweebs with what-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitudes. None of these protesters has probably worked a day in his/her life....living off mummy/daddy. All good, deadbeats like these will soon "get theirs" one day....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Haha.....good one...."guns to buy a sandwich?" - how strange...what's with this guy?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by noodle View Post
                          Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                          At end of protest environmental "Extinction" protestors seen texting on tech devices wearing designer labels drink water out of plastic disposable bottles and not those carton paper thingy type cardboard water bottles Trudeau advocates using...

                          nothing like consistency to cause and one's own actions meaning anything.

                          Further why would protestors of economic evil and its plight on the planet be wearing labels of any sort. Does No Logo mean nothing to this age cohort of protestors?

                          What does conscientious objecting activism mean now a days? " I don't want YOU to support wrongdoing, I can do whatever I please"?

                          Thousands of cars were idling for an hour due to this bridge closure.

                          Not exactly a climate change or net zero benefit, this protest.
                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
                          I was being willfully disobedient to willful pointless disobedience that actually counters its cause and likely contributes to more harm than good...

                          As defined by me on a Monday morning..

                          jk aside I'm just paraphrasing a lot of what the response has been to these protests.

                          I can see the pov that this form of protest doesn't do a lot to curry support.
                          Last edited by Replacement; 07-10-2019, 08:03 AM.
                          "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            "It's not MY logical fallacy, it's just what other people are saying."
                            Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by noodle View Post
                              "It's not MY logical fallacy, it's just what other people are saying."
                              Humans, all, are inherently illogical, we are not rational creatures. The false belief that we may be is only a bias construct mechanism to reduce anxiety and cognitive dissonance..

                              Present company probably included.

                              Nobody was harmed in the making of this post.
                              "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Replacement View Post
                                Originally posted by noodle View Post
                                "It's not MY logical fallacy, it's just what other people are saying."
                                Humans, all, are inherently illogical, we are not rational creatures. The false belief that we may be is only a bias construct mechanism to reduce anxiety and cognitive dissonance..

                                Present company probably included.

                                Nobody was harmed in the making of this post.
                                emphasis added...

                                ignoring of course the environmental cost of the computers or phones used to create and store it and the electrical generation and distribution grids required to distribute it and the internet infrastructure required in order for others to read it.

                                never mind the lost and non-productive time required to write it and distribute it.

                                and to respond to it...

                                ps. i'm not convinced that humans, all, are inherently illogical and not rational creatures simply because most, if not all, construct mechanisms to reduce anxiety and cognitive dissonance. to agree with you would require the assumption that constructing mechanisms to reduce anxiety and cognitive dissonance isn't of itself perfectly logical even though it may in some cases also be destructive either individually or collectively.
                                "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X