X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replacement View Post
    Originally posted by noodle View Post
    "Can't these people protest in a way that's more convenient for me?"
    I don't have a horse in this race. I don't drive and I'm increasingly in semi-retirement. Peaceful protest does not take specific action of willful disobedience that directly prevents and prohibits others actions and freedom and inflicts harm on others. In effect they are detaining thousands of law abiding motorists this morning, If one wants to look at it from that pov. I'm merely advocating. This specific bridge, a one way bridge, with feeder roads that lead ONLY to this bridge is more than an inconvenience. Its willful entrapment. If somebody suffers a heartattack or stroke on Queen E and can't get help was this an "inconvenience".I fully respect your message and quote, I don't believe that it applies in this instance.
    Exactly, Peaceful, means what ? Tell that to the people trapped in their vehicles. It's about time the police arrested these protestors. If you listen to them, they said they will stay there until they get arrested.. so... let's arrest them and help their accomplish their objective.

Comment

^^Further incompetence is that the police lied about their not being any trapped traffic on the feeders to Walterdale bridge.

If EPS had planned to support this endeavor and allow it to occur, they should have stopped all traffic up at the entries and redirected everybody (as they stated they did) well before the 7am closure.

Its absolutely laughable that the EPS allowed traffic onto the feeders, to fill them up with stopped traffic, then shut it down, and then aided the shut down of the bridge by parking police cars all around the bridge.

In effect the EPS actions this morning have trapped the drivers, and they are now enforcing people to back up all the way up the hill on one way feeders.

its like keystone cops out there from reports. Nobody has a clue what they're doing.

What a mess.
      Last edited by Replacement; 07-10-2019, 07:00 AM.
      "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

Peaceful protest does not take specific action of willful disobedience that directly prevents and prohibits others actions and freedom and inflicts harm on others.
        Disagree. Peaceful protest indicates a lack of violence, not a lack of obstruction or inconvenience. This is effectively a sit-in, a classic peaceful protest archetype.

I fully respect your message and quote, I don't believe that it applies in this instance.
        Based on your watered down definition of "peaceful protest" I can see how you can harbor those beliefs, but under the more expansive & traditional definition of peaceful protests I still believe it applies 100%
        Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Let's see how long before the 'Bigot' word is thrown about in this thread.

Comment

Walt Jr is now back open as the morons are now off the bridge. **** the eps for not arresting this morons i hope each and every one of those protest morons losses their jobs and gets blacklisted from ever getting a job ever again

Comment

Originally posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
              Let's see how long before the 'Bigot' word is thrown about in this thread.
              The **** you on about this has nothing to do with race you dolt

Comment

Without getting into semantics of "peaceful protest" the mission of a group like this is to create woke minds (exactly what they state) and to foster awareness and create political action and will.

This specific action is provoking primarily angry response. As many pundits are saying so far the net reaction to these protests is creating the opposite reaction than is intended. its creating a polarized reaction against these protests, not in favor of them. The cookies aren't working..
                "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Comment

It is a peaceful protest despite the inconvenience to commuters. Kinda funny how some people are going berserk over this. If there was an accident on the bridge or the common "Truck with high load stuck on High Level Bridge", it would be just another day in River City.

Bridges have been the sites of many peaceful protests and some regrettably became scenes of violence

The Edmund Pettus Bridge was the site of the conflict of Bloody Sunday on March 7, 1965, when armed police attacked and brutally beat Civil Rights Movement demonstrators with horses, billy clubs, and tear gas as they were attempting to march to the state capital, Montgomery.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Pettus_Bridge

Dozens arrested after climate protest blocks five London bridges
                  Thousands of protesters occupied bridges across the Thames over extinction crisis in huge act of peaceful civil disobedience
                  https://www.theguardian.com/environm...mate-rebellion
                  Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Cops can't use rubber bullets on these 'tards?

Comment

Originally posted by maclac View Post
                      Cops can't use rubber bullets on these 'tards?
                      They didn't use rubber bullets on the tards who blocked the henday for hours and hours in the names of convoys last year. Why would this be any different?
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

**** rubber bullets real ones need to be used

Comment

Yeah, great idea, kill unarmed people because it did not affect you at all today unless you are texting while in your car, stuck in the traffic jam. I feel that people who text while driving should be pulled out of their cars by police, shot and dumped in the ditch.

Like that equally repugnant suggestion?
                          Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Magnus View Post
                            **** rubber bullets real ones need to be used
                            really?

really???

this is real life with real lives. maybe you need to get a grip on yours.

you want to be annoyed and frustrated? feel free - that's what the protesters wanted. along with having you wonder why. not why you're a few minutes late but why some people feel seriously enough about something to make you late.

shooting people because you won't have time for a second latte after you park your car with its interior adjustable mood lighting meant to keep you calm? out of curiosity, how many other people were commuting with you in that car or was it a typical single occupant commuter vehicle that was held up, inconveniencing only you?
                            "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

Kcantor, I agree that the comments from many posters are reprehensible and stupid.

If the police shot a bunch of people and those same posters found out that their sister or cousins were shot and killed, would they say that their relatives deserved it and the police were justified in clearing the bridge for traffic?

I think not.

Comment

This specific action is provoking primarily angry response. As many pundits are saying so far the net reaction to these protests is creating the opposite reaction than is intended. its creating a polarized reaction against these protests, not in favor of them. The cookies aren't working..
                                "I was thinking about doing the right thing for the planet, but then those kids made me late for work!"
                                Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

Working...
                                X