This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s time for H.L. to go

Being unable to find a report button or a link to an admin let me say this.

H.L. Has to go. Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.

It has gone too far for too long and this was never the intended purpose of c2e.

Please do right by everyone on this board.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I second that
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Comment

Links, quotes and post #s please.

Comment

I'm not a regular poster on here, however I do read a lot of comments and have seen this users comments. I agree that they are off-side and inappropriate at times and I too would like to see this user banned

Examples of some comments made

Clicked on CBC to see the UCP could be winning, with a good amount of seats. The NDP closed the gap, but would get 30-50 seats..so not a bad opposition, that's where they belong. Especially huffy Hoffman!
        Yo , she called us sewer rats! Did you defend that? Huffy Hoffman is an obese, nasty woman, get over your boring self!
        Last edited by Grandonite; 03-04-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Calling people “sewer rats” is definitely nasty. So H.L. is correct in that characterization.

The nicknames are childish. However, I’ve seen others use derogatory nicknames.

Post #207...
          http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...003#post926003
          Last edited by KC; 03-04-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

HelloLady aka HL has been a cancer here since they first joined. Comments rarely contain any discussion, just name calling, put downs, and innuendo. There's a lot of people I routinely disagree with on this board, even including Edmonton Daily Photo, but I find there is actual substance coming from those point of view.

I'm all on board with getting rid of this toxic personality who does nothing to further this community, and only spits vitriol.

See ya HL.
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
              Calling people “sewer rats” is definitely nasty. So H.L. is correct in that characterization.

The nicknames are childish. However, I’ve seen others use derogatory nicknames.

Post #207...
              http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...003#post926003
              Yes many have flown south on occasion on the great C2E, but HL is constantly flying south of acceptable. Every post is trash name calling with little meat or potatoes.
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                .Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.
                What a bunch of weeping bottoms. HL is a powerful nudist bodybuilder. You MUST submit. And "their"? Wot is "their" precious? Wot is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                  HelloLady aka HL has been a cancer here since they first joined.

See ya HL.
                  "They"? Wot is "they" precious? Wot is it?

Comment

What is Wot?

Comment

Calling someone a cancer is also employing extremist language. It’s also intolerant and anti “multi-cultural”.

I was quite used to phobic language here on c2e (political left, right, etc.), and probably have been long before noticing H.L.’s commentary.

Moreover we’ve seen endless and attacks on some select posters such as IanO that crossed far over the line that anyone of average intelligence would deem mildly acceptable. There’s even been mindless piling-on / ganging up on the silliest of issues.

Bottom line is that political beliefs are as culturally defining as other beliefs like religious and ethnic beliefs. Might as well call the right and left leaning peoples of the earth a race as society does with those if different religions. Out of that expect the same tolerance and intolerance issues that we have with all the other polarizing beliefs. ... and the same childishness.
                      Last edited by KC; 03-04-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

How about not feeding the troll?

You can put her on ignore. Or don't engage her after she posts something ridiculous.

It's obvious she relishes getting people upset over her juvenile postings.

We should all try not responding to her posts.

Comment

Please don’t ask a self respecting gay man to simply ignore homophobic speech. This is not the 90s
                          "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Comment

Originally posted by Safir View Post
                            Originally posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
                            .Not because of their political views but because of their constant attacks, name calling and now Homophobic/trans comments.
                            What a bunch of weeping bottoms. HL is a powerful nudist bodybuilder. You MUST submit. And "their"? Wot is "their" precious? Wot is it?
                            Maybe these weepy men, don't like strong women, kinda like JT?
                            Most of these posters are on block, because they post by copy and paste non stop. M warned me, a few others that have left warned me, and they all named the same names. Pity really, I feel very sorry for their partners..they like to do what JT does, lecture,lecture as if they, and only they have an opinion. Use block on me, no, they'd rather bully and put down people on the right. The whiner that started this silly thread needs to grow up!
                            Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by North Guy66 View Post
                              How about not feeding the troll?

You can put her on ignore. Or don't engage her after she posts something ridiculous.

It's obvious she relishes getting people upset over her juvenile postings.

We should all try not responding to her posts.
                              Works for me. I don't think I've ever read your posts, OTOH, you've read mine, who is the troll?
                              Animals are my passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X