Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton PRT
    replied
    I don't believe that is true. To be blunt, I am the last person who wants to get the last word in...

Leave a comment:

• Meo
    replied
    My observation about people:

1. Everyone truly thinks of themselves as the hero/anti-hero of their own story (i.e. what others perceive as rudeness, they themselves perceive as bluntness)
    2. Most people desire the last word

Leave a comment:

• ctzn-Ed
    replied
    I concur to some point. Life experience is also valuable if you accept it. We have brains don't we? That brain must be use if we want to progress.

Leave a comment:

• KC
    replied
    Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Childest behavior has no place anywhere for adults in the forum or behind the forum. We all make mistakes in the heat of the moment, but, if we are alduts, we must act in accordance to that standard. Why? We have lived enough years to know better.
    Not everyone grows up, not everyone is raised to the same standards of behaviour, not everyone accepts the standard social norms of behaviour, not everyone is capable of behaving according to those norms. So tolerance is required. Tolerance is what our modern society expects of those capable of understanding that not everyone is ’average’ and everyone’s differences are just that.

Leave a comment:

• ctzn-Ed
    replied
    Childest behavior has no place anywhere for adults in the forum or behind the forum. We all make mistakes in the heat of the moment, but, if we are alduts, we must act in accordance to that standard. Why? We have lived enough years to know better.

Leave a comment:

• Dialog
    replied
    Originally posted by noodle View Post
    Or the harassers can simply respect the wishes of the other party & cease their harassment?
    Heh. What you said there...

Leave a comment:

• noodle
    replied
    Originally posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    There is tbat saying Med... sticks an stones. If you see tneir names.dont read it and erase it. Done.
    To the mass: if people dont want personal messaging from you, you dont do it. Dont be obssess and dont be desperate.
    Or the harassers can simply respect the wishes of the other party & cease their harassment?

Leave a comment:

• noodle
    replied
    It can take a bit for Admin to take any action.

Leave a comment:

• ctzn-Ed
    replied
    There is tbat saying Med... sticks an stones. If you see tneir names.dont read it and erase it. Done.
    To the mass: if people dont want personal messaging from you, you dont do it. Dont be obssess and dont be desperate.

Leave a comment:

• Medwards
    replied
    Is this still a thing? I've asked a certain individual to stop PMing me, and they are persisting. I still wish to receive PMs from others, so I'm not about to turn off the PM feature.

Leave a comment:

• KC
    replied
    Originally posted by Medwards View Post
    All - if you look at your forum settings, you can choose who can send you PMs...

Hope this helps.
    Seems like an excellent way to save admin a lot of hassle.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Dawg
    replied
    Top_Dawg still giggles about stern PMs from DBA.

Be still his heart.

Leave a comment:

• noodle
    replied
    Thanks for that, Matt. I've shut off my PMs to prevent the harassment from continuing.

Leave a comment:

• Medwards
    replied
    All - if you look at your forum settings, you can choose who can send you PMs...

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• Admin
    replied
    I require a time stamped PM replying to the person you wish to stop sending you notes. This can be accomplished by cc'ing me either on a reply PM, or on an original PM to the user stating your desire to not be contacted.

Without this, I have no evidence of the original request being made to the user.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X