Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Users, you must accept the verification email.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Users, you must accept the verification email.

All,

I've received a couple PM requests from potential new users who wish for me to bypass the email verification step.

This will not happen. You must verify your email address.

Thank you.
    Ow

Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.
      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

We don't need anymore lefty always right types, above answering an email. So good!
        Animals are my passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gord Lacey View Post
          Are you having a ton of fake registrations popping up lately? A forum I run had 20 spammers register in an hour, so I turned off new user registrations. So frustrating.

Not a ton, but a few. Mainly Chinese and Indian IP's.

I have a multi step process for new users, and yes it is extremely frustrating, but it is better than the spam hell of a couple of years ago.
          Ow

Comment

I hear ya. I check all the IP addresses of the people registering on my forum to see if it matches where they say they're from. If it's way off, I just delete or ban them, and if it's a little bit off I just put them into a moderated class so they can't just post whatever to the forum.
            They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
              are the trump bots now trying to infiltrate these forums too? I thought MrOilers and Half-Life were enough already.
              Ya Trump's right in bed with the Indians and communist Chinese...can't call him racist ☺

Comment

Working...
              X