X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User e-mail addresses

Hello members!

Recently, I sent out a bulk email for all active and confirmed forum members to announce the relaunch of C2E.

A vast majority of these emails bounced back.

Having a recent and current email is crucial for forum updates, password resets, and many other features that will be launched. Please update your email to an account that you do have access to, and that is current. If you don't, I cannot guarantee a functioning site for your username.

I may have to put non functioning email users into a suspend status if I keep getting as many rejected emails. The server load as well as a clogged email queue may dictate that.

Thanks!
    Ow

All,

I've had 130+ bouncebacks. Please. If you have an active account and are using this site, update your email accordingly.

Thanks!!!
    Ow

Comment

Updated

Comment

All,

The number of bouncebacks from active posters is clogging the server and causing delays.

As of Friday morning, I will suspend any accounts actively posting that also do not have a valid email address. Please update accordingly.

I apologize for the harsh method, but I cannot have an email queue so overloaded.
        Ow

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I've had my password stored in a manager for so long I haven't ever had need to use my email for account recovery. Didn't realize it was as out of date as my pseudonym.

Fixed
          Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Comment

NP.

That is one of the reasons why I asked for this. Someone emailed me with a nastygram demanding a password reset. When I went to search, the email address was different than the one on file.
            Ow

Comment

Should I be worried I can't find that email?

Comment

I found mine in my spam bucket (I use my gmail address for this board).

Comment

I avoid Gmail although i have one with Google. I'm just not fond of the invasion of privacy.
                  " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Comment

where do we update our email address?

I have used this account for over a decade but I haven't received any emails making me think I signed up using done other account I haven't used in years.

Comment

^ http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/profi...do=editprofile
                      A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Yeah my email is correct but I don't remember getting an email and it's not in my spam folder

Comment

I am going by message returned/message failed notifications in my inbox for C2E.

I do send out a PM to the user(s) affected when I get failure notifications. That way there is an alternate method to inform the users.

I am noticing some posters now say "guest" in their profile. I do not know why this is happening. If anyone here has a contact for highlander and grish, please let me know. Their accounts are the two I know are affected. Please send me a PM
                          Ow

Comment

I'm okay with leaving grish out...
                            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

Hilman too...
                              Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

Working...
                              X