Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting me to ban someone

Please don't.

I don't like to ban people just because someone finds them annoying. I can assure you that others find your annoying person, well, entertaining.

Bans are for serious infractions. Ignore lists are for the annoying one(s) you don't want to hear from again.

The other option is to do what I have to do. I simply ignore all the school ground bafflegab and read the posts that make sense. The bad part of being the Admin is that I can't have an ignore list.

All I can do is close my eyes and go, "LALALALALALA I CAN'T REAAD YOOOUUUU!"

Yes. Mature.
    Ow

I'm sure 2 thirds of this board are referring to me but so far nobody has sent me a pm requesting me to leave.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

No one poster is being referred to here.
      Ow

Comment

Originally posted by envaneo View Post
        I'm sure 2 thirds of this board are referring to me but so far nobody has sent me a pm requesting me to leave.
        No, no,no envaneo. They must be meaning me. I for one, like you.
        Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Comment

if you don't like getting on ignore list or banned from this site. so go easy and watch your mouth here.
          Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Comment

Save noodle!
            A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

I'm not so sure it's you. There's a certain group here that has asked me to leave c2e on many occasions. (Looks at DanC and friends)
              A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Comment

^
                maybe a bit less of the "woe is me" like this would reduce that a bit.
                ^^
                and maybe a lot less of the drivebys like this would reduce that a lot.
                "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Comment

No matter what - its all just words on a screen. Moreover, they are mostly between anonymous posters. Think about that. One anonymously created sentence or word directed at another. If two computers with cute handles hurled vulgar insults at each other about the sizes of their processors, would anyone care, or just find it amusing. Or two presidential candidates for that matter.

We simply need to be able to tolerate this all as simple nonsense. We can tolerate extreme ideas and practices by different religious and political groups. Tolerating different combinations of letters on a page should be a non issue.

We all have brains that are capable of thinking for themselves. Our reactions are always our own choice. Sticks and stones...

...Ok call me an *****!

oh, oh - the thought police automated censor nabbed me.
                  Last edited by KC; 22-04-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Two computers with cute handles hurling insults...

https://www.tay.ai/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...semitic-racism

It took just two tweets for an internet troll going by the name of Ryan Poole to get Tay to become antisemitic. Tay was a “chatbot” set up by Microsoft on 23 March, a computer-generated personality to simulate the online ramblings of a teenage girl. Poole suggested to Tay: “The Jews prolly did 9/11. I don’t really know but it seems likely.” Shortly thereafter Tay tweeted “Jews did 9/11” and called for a race war. In the 24 hours it took Microsoft to shut her down, Tay had abused President Obama, suggested Hitler was right, called feminism a disease and delivered a stream of online hate.
                    Last edited by Medwards; 22-04-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                      No one poster is being referred to here.
                      Again.
                      Ow

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                        All I can do is close my eyes and go, "LALALALALALA I CAN'T REAAD YOOOUUUU!"

Yes. Mature.
                        Thanks Admin. Mature or not, you saved my work monitor today, before reaching blood boiling, monitor throwing point, reading a "debate" on carbon tax today, I started singing your phrase, and it worked! The only problem so far is the guy in the next cubicle keeps looking at me strangely, I am guessing he hasn't read your post.

Comment

Someone asking Admin to ban someone is someone trying to control the conversation.
                          Shame on them.
                          Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Originally posted by Medwards View Post
                            I'm not so sure it's you. There's a certain group here that has asked me to leave c2e on many occasions. (Looks at DanC and friends)
                            Since 2008 I haven't any friends here ((((((Group hug every one))))))
                            Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Comment

^That's O.K. don't despair. I'll by your buddy.
                              Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Comment

Working...
                              X